What manufactures would you like to see in the WRC?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
loukayne

What manufactures would you like to see in the WRC?

This is a forum to discuss what manufactures you would like to see in the WRC (returning or New)? Please add what car from their current line up you would like to see them transform into a World Rally Car.

Andres125sx

Re: What manufactures would you like to see in the WRC?

Ferrari :mrgreen:

and Tesla :twisted:

Sombrero

Opel Corsa WRC

Scorpaguy

Well since F1 is now a such a joke....lets renew this discussion:

1. Mini...shame on BMW for this. Great sounding car and competitive right out of the box.

2. Mr.Bitchie...always loved the Evo. WRC needs a sedan.

3. WRX...just for the flat 4

4. Ford...in a true manufacturers role

5. Smart....crazy yes, but I think their engine layout would be keen

6. Abarth...Fiat, not that darn Abarth Miata abortion that's been rumored

smokeduv

There are many, but if it only were one to choose from, I'd go with Lancia

itix

For the sheer historical value I'd love if Lancia could build a car one might actually consider buying (i.e. not their current crop of deltas and betas and stuff) and then enter it in the championship.

Rallying is such a massive sport in italy (compared to other places, not compared to the abomination that is soccer (sorry for offending anyone's soccer feelings)). It would be nice to have some of that italian flare back in the championship.
Massive rally fan... have fallen out of love with F1 yet again and have thus migrated

itix

I was sure i posted a reply to this and the WRC 2015 thread... hmm.

Anyway, I would agree with Lancia for the historical value and the need for some italian flair back in the championship, but for that to happen they either have to build a much smaller and sleeker Delta or make a new iteration of their Ypsilon that you'd actually want to buy (because the current one is beyond horrible).

Rally is a big thing in italy, maybe even bigger than france so it is a shame we don't have any italian manufacturers in the sport.

EDIT: Actually, I'd love Peugeot back! I still have my Old 206 gti that I bought solely because it was my favorite Rally car in the early 00's hahahaha. The 208 T16 R5 looks really nice, it just lacks presence in the top level of the sport.

EDIT 2: ...so Peugeot, if you are reading this... if Citroen pull support for their WRC branch (not sure what the official name for the team is, just know that it is private), you know what to do!
Massive rally fan... have fallen out of love with F1 yet again and have thus migrated

Gatecrasher

Williams developed the MG 6R4. I can still remember the first time I heard one. It was so loud from about two miles away in the forest, you could tell exactly where they were at in the stage as it came towards you. Awesome spectacle.

How about one of the F1 teams picking up the WRC bug again. Tata bought out the Rover group so if Williams are not interested what about a Force India Jag F-Type.

One can only dream.

itix

There is the R-GT class. The f-type can be eligible for that...
Although if I could make a wish for that class I'd much more like to see a lotus Exige or an Evora (preferably the exige).