Looking for advice

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Lightspeedrt

Looking for advice

Hi all,

My name is Dylan and i am a first year Mechanical Engineering student. For the last 5 years i have competed in the F1 In Schools challenge, eventually winning it in 2013 out of the 11,000,000 student that compete worldwide. Over my time i have been connected with industry partners in many motorsports, formula one and V8 supercars notably, with them being involved in my projects and helping with designs and testing. I am now at a point where i know motorsport is what i want to do with my life, and i am looking for an entry into the industry. However as i have been told, it is much harder to get into than one would expect. I have been told by the teams i have partnered with that the best way would be to start at a small team in a development series. I have good experience using CAD and CFD and would say that im good at analyzing CFD and making aerodynamic improvements. I am a fast learning and very keen to get involved with racing. The problem i have is where i live, in Ballarat, Victoria, there isn't really anyone that i can approach that is willing to let me work. I am not looking for payments, only an opportunity. Is there any suggestions that people can give, as to what i should do/who i should approach? I have connections, unfortunately they arnt willing to take someone inexperienced. What have people heard about others entering the sport?

Thanks

MadMatt

Re: Looking for advice

Enter KVRC2015 (I know its a bit late but if you got free time ahead, give it a shot)! ;)

Website

Forum thread here