Roborace

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: Roborace

turbof1 wrote:The winner will be largely the one who qualifies first
What about motocross start style?

RicME85

Aren't all the cars the same (like season 1 of FE) the only difference is the software?

This was mentioned and discussed in the FE thread btw

andylaurence

Who says we need qualifying anyway? There are many ways of generating the grid order; fastest lap, reverse championship order, clock speed, trap speed, drag race, random, etc.

djos

mzivtins wrote:If there are pit stops, these should be fully robotic too.

remove the pit lane speed limit altogether :shock: that would be eye opening!
That might make it interesting and almost watchable! =D>
"In downforce we trust"

sgth0mas

turbof1 wrote:Oh dear, skynet?
http://www.realtechtoday.com/wp-content ... etwork.jpg

I'm smelling something fishy.

No, in all seriousness I don't see the point of it. The winner will be largely the one who qualifies first, so the one with the fastest processor/reaction time. It'll take the emotion out of racing. I think racing should be left to entities that can fail, as in humans. That makes racing so fun to watch.
I dont imagine processors or reaction time will have nearly the effect that setup and software will.

The algorithm development will not be the same between all teams, and they will have to change parameters from race to race. This means mechanical and software setup are both very important race to race.

Im undecided if this will be entertaining or not. Im sure it will just be 1 team running away worse than merc.

djos

Roborace

Imo it might be interesting if it's a totally gloves off series and there are no technical limitations (set a budget cap instead).

E.g. Traction control, torque vectoring, active suspension, multi channel abs brakes etc etc

After all you have a computer pilot, why not let the computer have real control and give it some machine learning abilities as it might produce some interesting surprises.

Then it would nerd tech pr0n and possibly quite fun.
"In downforce we trust"