Video: CRASH & FAIL Compilation [2014] Hill Climb & Sprint

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Rudy CdC

Video: CRASH & FAIL Compilation [2014] Hill Climb & Sprint

Hello to all :wink:

Here is a new Video: RACING CRASH & FAIL COMPILATION [2014] Hill Climb & Sprint

Facts Only

Re: Video: CRASH & FAIL Compilation [2014] Hill Climb & Spri

I find it a bit odd compiling videos of crashes for entertainment. Those guys in Hillclimb and Sprint are doing it for the passion of the sport and a crash means rebuild and repair at their own expense and hardship. It's not F1 where the driver goes home and the and the team sorts the repairs out with the truck full of spares. For many competitors a crash like those in the video can be the end of the season.

They don't get prize money, or a share of any ticket sale from the event (as it's often free to spectate). They incur all of the cost and fans can get free entertainment.

Is your YouTube channel making money? Perhaps you could send some to the people who's losses are making your gains?

Just a thought. I await the inevitable downvotes.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

ME4ME

My view is that those participating in a race with their own car fundamentally agree to take a risk.

Whether the crash makes it to Youtube or not doesn't really affect their expenses. People might as well enjoy it.
Everyone knows it expensive, but a crash is like an overtake: it excites people because it includes action, speed and human failure.

andylaurence

As a hillclimb and Sprint competitor, I would much rather someone caught it on video and posted it in you tube than didn't. I know my last two crashes were filmed as I saw cameras in the crowd, but I've never seen the footage.

Rudy CdC

Hello everyone,

"Facts Only" I respect your point of view of not to like,
Fortunately, I'm not going to film the races for to see the crashes, but that's part of this sport
A lot of these pilots are part of my friends, I film their races since +16 years, now...
And my work is very appreciated by drivers, I have a very good return from them
This kind of video represents a infine percentage of my work... pity that the rest did not attract your attention....