Moto GP 2016.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
ClarkBT11

Re: Moto GP 2016.

Dovi got 3 points for passing the finish line after mad joe took him out at the last corner.

Looking forward to next weeks moto gp I hope Jorge drops it again. Rossi for the win.

J.A.W.

& actual results-wise..

M.M. took pole & won from the old man V.R., 'by a country mile'.. & Pedro then duly took 3rd step on the box, George fell on lap 15..

Interestingly, a couple of Aprilias made it into the top ten finishers, (advancing in results - due to the many DNF's)..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

J.A.W.

Having watched the race recording.. oh dear, what a lottery that was.. George got a splendid holeshot, but then lost the plot..
M.M. cemented his on-track race-craft mastery over the old man V.R. ( who was gifted 2nd by the factory Ducati melt-down..
.. V.R. still got his traditional podium position celebratory buttock grab - from his long-time squeeze - Uccio, though).

& Pedro arrived in 3rd - 'bout 1/2 a minute later, ( blaming his bikes! Even though he admitted he wasn't up to cutting through traffic)..

Yeah, Michelin will certainly have to do better, since there were too many tyre problems to simply shrug off as 'race drama'..

The aero-strakes popped off on impact - fairly readily though, on both the Lorenzo ( V.R. went bare) Yamaha & the Ducatis..

( & I'd never 'hope' for a G.P. rider to drop his machine.. IMO - that's a rather unsporting/cruel attitude..).

bdr529

Things you never want to hear from the boss, after tossing away a double podium finish for you
and your teammate in site of the finish line
A couple of quotes from Ducati sporting director Paolo Ciabatti's interview with Italian radio
“He certainly hasn’t done himself any favours, much less his teammate or Ducati"
“Iannone is an extremely talented and intelligent boy, however, he must curb his enthusiasm because he must finish races"
Iannone got talent and speed, hopefully this will be enough of a wake up call for the kid
If not this last quote from Ciabatti should be
“We have never denied our interest in the top riders who are out of contract,”
ClarkBT11 wrote: Looking forward to next weeks moto gp I hope Jorge drops it again. Rossi for the win.
Even when I raced, I never hoped for that to happen, I'm having to assume you've never crashed on a bike before

Pierce89

J.A.W. wrote:Having watched the race recording.. oh dear, what a lottery that was.. George got a splendid holeshot, but then lost the plot..
M.M. cemented his on-track race-craft mastery over the old man V.R. ( who was gifted 2nd by the factory Ducati melt-down..
.. V.R. still got his traditional podium position celebratory buttock grab - from his long-time squeeze - Uccio, though).

& Pedro arrived in 3rd - 'bout 1/2 a minute later, ( blaming his bikes! Even though he admitted he wasn't up to cutting through traffic)..

Yeah, Michelin will certainly have to do better, since there were too many tyre problems to simply shrug off as 'race drama'..

The aero-strakes popped off on impact - fairly readily though, on both the Lorenzo ( V.R. went bare) Yamaha & the Ducatis..

( & I'd never 'hope' for a G.P. rider to drop his machine.. IMO - that's a rather unsporting/cruel attitude..).
You're Rossi hate is laughable.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

J.A.W.

Pierce89 wrote:
J.A.W. wrote:Having watched the race recording.. oh dear, what a lottery that was.. George got a splendid holeshot, but then lost the plot..

Laugh at what you will. ( As I laugh at - "you're" meaning - you are - being misused..)
.. but do not claim I have "hate" for V.R., - as my factual report of the telecast is fair enough, as you can see - for yourself..

turbof1

J.A.W. wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:

Laugh at what you will. ( As I laugh at - "you're" meaning - you are - being misused..)
.. but do not claim I have "hate" for V.R., - as my factual report of the telecast is fair enough, as you can see - for yourself..
Filtering out the tabloid-esque style: yes, Virtual Reality ( ;) ) had quite a bit of luck and I also felt he was a bit too happy about it on the podium.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

Ducati wings are dangerous, says Capirossi

http://www.marca.com/motor/motogp/2016/ ... b45b3.html (spanish)

J.A.W.

M.M. is so far dominating practice - for this weekend's race in America, @ over a second quicker than Pedro, his team mate..

J.A.W.

M.M. took pole, from the factory Yamaha duo of Lorenzo & Rossi, with Ian's factory Ducati next & Vin's Suzuki in 5th.

Pedro on the other factory Honda Q'd 8th - behind Dovi on the other Ducati & Crutchlow in 6th - on a 2nd string Honda.

J.A.W.

M.M. won from pole, moving away from all challengers after the 1st few laps, George rode a steady race for 2nd,
& Iannone put up a podium finish in 3rd.( Ducati reverted to a pair of winglets on each side of the fairing)

Behind them a bit of a crash-fest at Austin, inc' V.R. - who slid off unhurt, ( his Yamaha was sporting a smallish pair of nose strakes)
& Pedro who lost his bike, which then pinged off unlucky Dovi..( both unhurt)

M.M.'s 4th Moto GP win on the trot in Texas - gives him a good points lead, early in the Championship..

Andres125sx

J.A.W. wrote: M.M.'s 4th Moto GP win on the trot in Texas.
And 10th in USA!!

Didn´t hear it correctly, but I think they said (in spanish TV) everytime he´s gone to USA, he won :shock:

PS: you know Pedro is a name, while Pedrosa is a surname, and they´re completely different, don´t you?

Andres125sx

btw, I was impressed with Suzuki perfomance....4th and 5th and Maveric angry because of losing the podium chance :o

Looks like the battle between brands is getting closer, hopefully both Ducati and Suzuki can keep up during the season

turbof1

I have to admire Dani Pedrosa's professionalism and empathy, inmediately checking for Dovizioso's condition after getting back up, and going to the Ducati's garage to check again and explain. A very nice attitude. Really a race accident; Pedrosa was not riding agressive going into the first corner, rather fell due a bump in the road. Divizioso was lucky Pedrosa's bike did not break his leg!
#AeroFrodo

FW17

Honda running their engines in reverse and using a jack shaft for the first time since the 2 stroke days.
Motorsportmagazine quotes this as the main reason for increase in speeds to last year.
Also mentions that other manufacturers are doing the same but does not name them.
Honda has sacrificed power to handling by using reverse engine and jack shaft. So new engine looks like down on power but actually not.