will Honda and Dodge joining World Rally Championship in the future?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
theriusDR3

will Honda and Dodge joining World Rally Championship in the future?

World Rally Championship needs more new manufacturers such as Honda and Dodge. Dodge wants WRC expansion to challenge Ford and Honda wants WRC expansion to make the sport manufacturer's become crowded. If Honda joins WRC, Honda probably to use Honda Civic car and Dodge joins WRC to use Dodge Charger sedan car. Your thoughts?

santos

Re: will Honda and Dodge joining World Rally Championship in the future?

Dodge Charger as WRC car??? If it was the Dart... the Charger is just too big for WRC car.

Scorpaguy

Taking stock of the current state of WRC affairs...I believe there will be no new manufacturers any time soon. The sport is in free fall...searching for an identity.

Toyota's attempt has been a bit of a long suffering fiasco. The 2017 cars will only alienate more purists and not attract new fans. Instead of clownish looking abortions, stick to stock looking cars with monster horspower and limited traction.

J.A.W.

& if the Dodge Charger was orange, with 01 on the doors, had a rebel/CSA flag emblazoned on the roof, & was named 'General Lee'..
..& being hammered by them Duke boys.. sure, I 'd watch 'em.. esp' if cousin Daisy was in her cut-off jeans, doing park ferme..

"Just them good ol'boys, never meanin' no harm..."

Yeee-haaah!
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Pierce89

Scorpaguy wrote:Taking stock of the current state of WRC affairs...I believe there will be no new manufacturers any time soon. The sport is in free fall...searching for an identity.

Toyota's attempt has been a bit of a long suffering fiasco. The 2017 cars will only alienate more purists and not attract new fans. Instead of clownish looking abortions, stick to stock looking cars with monster horspower and limited traction.
Im stoked about the new cars. Does that mean I'm not a "purist"? In whose eyes? Yours?
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Scorpaguy

Pierce89 wrote:
Scorpaguy wrote:Taking stock of the current state of WRC affairs...I believe there will be no new manufacturers any time soon. The sport is in free fall...searching for an identity.

Im stoked about the new cars. Does that mean I'm not a "purist"? In whose eyes? Yours?
Maybe a Group B purist :D