2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Maybe to ride ducati is easier than all other bike but it needs different aproach which is hard for Lorenzo.
Maybe Honda is hardest to ride but it is closer to his riding style and this riding style important more than being easy.
It is a question if he match with MM but it is more reasonable to expect that he will be good with RCV

GPR-A duplicate2

digitalrurouni wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 20:26
nacho wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 20:20
Going against Marquez into his team and riding his bike. Lorenzo doesn't lack self belief.
I applaud his self belief but I dare say the HRC is a harder bike to ride to get the most out of it. Case in point is Marc's over the top riding style!
I was hoping someone touch this point. A number of people here thinks it's a cake walk of a bike and if indeed Lorenzo finds it harder, then these people would get shocked. How can it be a harder bike than Ducati?

J.A.W.

Well, if M.M. goes to Ducati.. we'd see..

Or just ask Casey Stoner..

I'd note: ol' man Rossi, when 2 steps down on the podium.. sure didn't have any provocative remarks for Lorenzo..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

GPR-A duplicate2

MM would already be winning championships on Ducati. And multiple ones at that, unlike Stoner.

J.A.W.

Lets see.. Rossi, Hayden, Lorenzo.. factory Ducati riders & Moto GP champions..
& between them.. total G.P. wins on Ducati.. = 1!

Stoner alone, won the Championship 1st on a Ducati, then followed it up with a 2nd.. on the Honda..

M.M. is perfectly capable of winning races on the Ducati, sure.. but a Championship?

Hmmm.. that's a big ASK.. (esp' with his crash rate, & when/if - Yamaha/Honda again get their act together)..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

etusch

J.A.W. wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 03:42

I'd note: ol' man Rossi, when 2 steps down on the podium.. sure didn't have any provocative remarks for Lorenzo..
MM can adapt ducati faster and better I believe but his style of brake make him struggle with ducati. He brakes later and harder

GPR-A duplicate2

etusch wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 08:11
J.A.W. wrote:

MM can adapt ducati faster and better I believe but his style of brake make him struggle with ducati. He brakes later and harder
You have answered the breaking struggle concern too, when you say MM can adapt faster. In fact, Ducati has much better breaking performance than Honda. Every Honda bike has had different characteristics over the years and he has managed to work around those. The worst was in 2015 and they figured out some solutions (I have posted an article a few pages back) with which the bike became more ridable, but by that time the championship was gone. Even in 2016, the bike wasn't flawless and it was definitely slower than Yamaha. Again in 2017, Ducati was better bike, but he still managed to achieve the championship. In last year's Ducati, no doubt MM would have won the championship.

zelot

Lorenzo to Repsol Honda :o will be interesting to see how he fares on the Honda.

etusch

GPR-A wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 09:40
etusch wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 08:11
J.A.W. wrote:

You have answered the breaking struggle concern too, when you say MM can adapt faster. In fact, Ducati has much better breaking performance than Honda. Every Honda bike has had different characteristics over the years and he has managed to work around those. The worst was in 2015 and they figured out some solutions (I have posted an article a few pages back) with which the bike became more ridable, but by that time the championship was gone. Even in 2016, the bike wasn't flawless and it was definitely slower than Yamaha. Again in 2017, Ducati was better bike, but he still managed to achieve the championship. In last year's Ducati, no doubt MM would have won the championship.
It is visible when you watching races that ducati brakes better but you know drivers braking habit/style is what I am talking about. If he adopt Ducati's bike's braking style/needs than I think he will be fast there too

NathanOlder

GPR-A wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 05:30
MM would already be winning championships on Ducati. And multiple ones at that, unlike Stoner.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

J.A.W. wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 07:25

Stoner alone, won the Championship 1st on a Ducati, then followed it up with a 2nd.. on the Honda..

M.M. is perfectly capable of winning races on the Ducati, sure.. but a Championship?

Hmmm.. that's a big ASK.. (esp' with his crash rate, & when/if - Yamaha/Honda again get their act together)..

Give up mate, I think its time to start ignoring him. I presented all the facts and figures weeks ago, and he/she chose to ignore them back then. We all know the truth, so lets just move on and watch Marquez fall off every weekend like he does.
for the record, MM would be very strong on the Ducati, simply because he is moulded in the Casey Stoner mould , its just Casey is/was better at finding the limit without crossing it.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

GPR-A duplicate2

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 11:22
GPR-A wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 05:30

GPR-A duplicate2

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 11:24
J.A.W. wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 07:25

Give up mate, I think its time to start ignoring him. I presented all the facts and figures weeks ago, and he/she chose to ignore them back then. We all know the truth, so lets just move on and watch Marquez fall off every weekend like he does.
for the record, MM would be very strong on the Ducati, simply because he is moulded in the Casey Stoner mould , its just Casey is/was better at finding the limit without crossing it.
Edited!
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 06 Jun 2018, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

Sorry I was talking to someone else. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 11:24
for the record, MM would be very strong on the Ducati, simply because he is moulded in the Casey Stoner mould
I wonder what do you mean with this