2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 17:28
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Jun 2018, 11:24
for the record, MM would be very strong on the Ducati, simply because he is moulded in the Casey Stoner mould
I wonder what do you mean with this
For comprehension check, see idiom: 'Cast in the same mould.'
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Andres125sx

Thanks, I get that, but I don´t know in what aspect he think they´re similar

GPR-A duplicate2

Andres125sx wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 09:06
Thanks, I get that, but I don´t know in what aspect he think they´re similar
It's a fantasy, that some would like to have.

A Relationship like this, can hardly speak of any kind of good relationship that they would have had.
Link -> Stoner: “Marquez felt threatened”, Marquez: “Stoner only says these things for publicity”

J.A.W.

With regard to 'Honda riders... pick their poison...'

I reckon it'll be interesting to see how Dani deals with being a 'dead man walking' - for the rest of the season..

Will he be like Iannone, & ride 'hell for leather'.. or will he just wilt away.. ( & maybe 'call it a day'?)

Even wily veteran Rossi went on record.. stating this year's 'silly season' shuntings - were remarkable.

J.A.W.

Moto GP is on at Catalunya this weekend, for another Spanish race..

J.L. has again snared pole, from M.M. - who was trying superhard to wrest his Honda* around its front-end issues..
He had another crash, plus one of his uncanny saves - to achieve that spot, from Dovi in 3rd..

Vinales slotted his Yamaha home in 4th, from top Suzuki man Iannone, & Petrucci next, just ahead of Rossi..

So it looks like J.L. - with his holeshot prowess, will again be the man to beat..
& that might depend on M.M. riding a very fine line.. between being fast enough, but not losing his front grip..

*Repsol Honda No 2 rider - Dani Pedrosa - just squeaked into the last spot.. of the top ten..

GPR-A duplicate2

Once again, Jorge Lorenzo is the best natural talent on the planet to have ever driven a motoGP bike! Look what he could do on that DIFFICULT Ducati! =D> I have never seen anything like this. He has put Marquez and Rossi to shame, who are driving the best bikes on the grid. :P

J.A.W.

Another J.L. win by establishing 'the crush' - he does so well, snatching the lead, then 'running the groove',
with smooth fast precision, & so, wisely - M.M. took the 20 points option, rather than 'win it, or bin it'..

Dovi did crash trying.. but as to if.. J.L. can establish a winning streak long enough.. to take the Championship..
Well, we'll see..

'Old man of the circus' - Rossi again scored 3rd - after Dovi's dump, but the rest of the race was unremarkable,
'cept for being yet another crash-fest, & for a blazing Ducati engine blow-up, the big 4T dropping its oily load
on-track, but fortunately in a zone which did not cause.. even more crashes..

Andres125sx

Some people at Ducati must/should be doing this for the remaining 2/3 of the season...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

And maybe even Lorenzo. Winning a title with Ducati now looks plausible, and that´s enough for some people to be considered one of the greatest ever so... :P

Now seriously, I think all of them will be regreating about their latest decisions, but it´s amazing how some ergonomics can change a rider perfomance so drastically

turbof1

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 09:13
Some people at Ducati must/should be doing this for the remaining 2/3 of the season...

And maybe even Lorenzo. Winning a title with Ducati now looks plausible, and that´s enough for some people to be considered one of the greatest ever so... :P

Now seriously, I think all of them will be regreating about their latest decisions, but it´s amazing how some ergonomics can change a rider perfomance so drastically
Apparently motogp remains a very physical sport. It utterly transformed Lorenzo's form. I hope Honda is taking notes of this, because they could end up having to make changes themselves for Lorenzo.
#AeroFrodo

GPR-A duplicate2

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 09:13

Who is Ducati's development rider? :evil:

Looks like all this while Ducati designed the bike for someone sitting on the fence side than their own rider!

LORENZO BLAMES DUCATI FOR LATE SUCCESS: ‘NOW IT’S TOO LATE TO STAY’
‘It’s a shame because Ducati decided to help me too late. Otherwise, I could have made more podiums much earlier,

If I had these changes six months ago, I could have done a lot more. They believed me, but it happened too late. Gigi Dall’Igna trusted me but not at 100%. I always tell the truth. I never look for excuses. I probably made some mistakes, but I don’t accept people saying I’m looking for excuses. I had a problem with the [fuel] tank. The last piece I needed arrived in Mugello and I won.

digitalrurouni

It's too soon to say all hail Lorenzo right now! I mean it's amazing what he has pulled off. Props kudos plaudits he deserves it all! What a talent. The complete opposite of Marc. Marc rides a bucking bronco and Lorenzo is a lesson in smoothness. Just amazing. However he has Assen coming up an Sachsenring - tracks which could be considered his 'bogey' circuits. I keenly await to see how he performs there! I hope he keeps smashing Claudio Domenicali's face in with his performances! I feel bad for Dovi. I was one of the naysayers and kept fearing the same Rossi - Ducati situation all over again but boy am I glad I was proved wrong.

Also the Parc ferme interviews after the race was just fascinating and cool to watch! Highly recommend!

NathanOlder

GPR-A wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 14:41
I have never seen anything like this.
Here ya go, have a look at this DVD, you obviously missed it when it actually happened, or more than likely you are choosing to ignore it.

https://www.dukevideo.com/prd1742/MotoG ... w-2007-DVD

Bargain at £16.99
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

J.A.W.

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 22:06
GPR-A wrote:
Here ya go, have a look at this DVD, you obviously missed it when it actually happened, or more than likely you are choosing to ignore it.

Bargain at £16.99
C'mon Nathan, be fair.. Casey not only won the Championship for Ducati..
he also carried the No1 plate upfront for Ducati - through the next season, too..

IMO, its a pretty big ask for J.L. to take the Championship, but even if he does, he'll put his No1 plate - on a Honda..

& there's history there too.. J.L.'s Honda, with No1 plate upfront - will automatically slate M.M. as.. Honda's No2 rider!
Just as Eddie Lawson did to Wayne Gardner, back in the day.. a real mean psych-edge - to be sure..

GPR-A duplicate2

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 22:06
GPR-A wrote:

Bargain at £16.99
I am sure Nathan you are not naive to NOT understand what my post was meant to convey. You know it. And yeah, come out of time struck 2007.

Anyways, Lorenzo proved what I have been telling from a few pages, that you CAN'T WIN without the right machinery. Though Ducati is the best bike on the grid (like it was in 2007), Kimi like Lorenzo couldn't work around the problems of the bike and waited until Ducati does the Fuel Tank related changes to then ride comfortably. Dovi, he just doesn't belong. He should have won last year, but that proves that he is just an average rider.

There are a good number of riders I have seen in the last 2 decades and of them, ONLY two are truly legends and are racing. You can see the sea of flags on every circuit. Outside of Rossi and now Marquez, I thought Marco Simoncelli was simply astonishing, a talent gone too soon.

Oh, I can put up a number of DVDs of exciting seasons if you want, which were way too phenomenal than 2007.

I have observed something strange, every time I talk of problems related to Webber, Stoner and Ricciardo, some aussie guys feel offended. Not sure why. I know Nathan you are not an Aussie.