2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Lorenzo was wonderful this race. I can't remember him so aggressive. His move in two corner MM and Dovi was incredible. I would like to see him as winner after that performance.

Nonserviam85
Nonserviam85

I start to believe that this unprecedented heatwave across Europe is determining the fate of all top motorsport events...

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

NathanOlder wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 14:41
What a race that was. Great entertainment! Although 15 laps of tyre management was just like something from F1 so the diehard MotoGP fans need to admit its not all that different lol

Can't wait for Lorenzo Marquez as team mates. Should be fireworks
Yeah Nathan, seems teams are adapting to Michelin, 'stead of the other way 'round..
& Ducati's 1-2 at Brno.. was a 1st red-bike win there.. since way back when.. Casey Stoner...

Lil' Dani is seemingly swamped, & is 'goneburgers' already..

Yamaha have now gone 20 races.. without a podium box-top prize..

& I did enjoy the way Jorge got all 'punchy', & esp' when - he slammed pushy ol' Cal - back in his place..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Nonserviam85 wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 22:32
I start to believe that this unprecedented heatwave across Europe is determining the fate of all top motorsport events...
C'mon.. what is an "unprecedented heatwave across Europe" - is just regular summer weather - elsewhere..

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

J.A.W. wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 11:03
Nonserviam85 wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 22:32
C'mon.. what is an "unprecedented heatwave across Europe" - is just regular summer weather - elsewhere..
Actually it's been milder than normal summer for us here in 'Hotlanta'. Temps have been ridiculous in Europe. Agree that motorsport definitely is being affected by the temps.

Was an absolute pleasure to see Lorenzo be so aggressive. Rider of the day for me given all the trouble he had during the weekend with bike setup. Ducati management must regret having let him slip through their fingers. Marc must only be thinking about how he is going to celebrate his 6th world championship! Valiant effort by Rossi though it must be said dragging that Yamaha around by the scruff of its neck!

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Yeah, Austrian G.P. at Red Bull Ring.. M.M. took pole, with a view to finally standing on the top-step here..

But, just as last year, he was denied that victory, by a Ducati.. Lorenzo, this time, in a well staged race..

Lorenzo appears to have finally worked out how to make the soft-comp Michelins fully-functional,
& again paced himself until the final stages, when he went for it, & displaced M.M. from the lead, & win..

Dovi could not emulate his team-mate, & faded, to 3rd.. from C.C., who'd managed to stay rubber-side down.

The Yamahas, & the other factory Honda - were never in the hunt..

etusch

This Lorenzo looks very strong compared to his previous version

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

Great race! Way to go Lorenzo!! But this was a Ducati track anyway. The horsepower was tremendous. I still think Marc fighting against the Ducatis is like him boxing with one arm tied. I can't wait to see Lorenzo win more races. It was great to see Dovi sulk. I lost a lot of respect for him since he just finds any excuse to bash Lorenzo because he had a hard time adapting to the Ducati. I bet Ducati management is just bashing their head against the wall for losing Lorenzo.

etusch

Rather than more hp it maybe a bit torq. I don't know. Honda was also good at straights. Ducati was stronger in two area one is acceleration where Honda struggling since standart ecu, second and most important differentiator was braking ability. If Marquez could brake like did ducati there wouldn't be a fight for the first but for second place fight between two ducatis

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

I would dearly love to see Marc leave Honda and join Ducati. I am pretty sure the entire world would like to see that. If that indeed does happen then I think we could see the 10 wins in a row I think it was record fall quite easily!

NathanOlder

Lorenzo leaving Ducati just as he gets it sussed out #-o

You'd have to say he would be a major contender next season on the Ducati, I think the Honda wont suit his smooth controlled style.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 11:08
Lorenzo leaving Ducati just as he gets it sussed out #-o

You'd have to say he would be a major contender next season on the Ducati, I think the Honda wont suit his smooth controlled style.
I say he is a major contender already! I think he may be actually adapting to the Honda better considering he has the Ducati sorted out.

Nonserviam85
Nonserviam85

My guess is that if Marquez is beaten next year by Lorenzo (or closely matched) he will not stay at Honda. KTM are willing to offer a lot.

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

Nonserviam85 wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 16:18
My guess is that if Marquez is beaten next year by Lorenzo (or closely matched) he will not stay at Honda. KTM are willing to offer a lot.
I think he would go to Ducati instead of KTM.

GPR-A duplicate2

Nonserviam85 wrote:
17 Aug 2018, 16:18
I like your sense of humor. :)