2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

AMG.Tzan wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 12:52
So Honda now has the two active riders that have dominated MotoGP since 2010...even Stoner was with Honda in 2011! For sure that's the greatest line-up in a long time. I'm so excited about this season!!

Some predictions:

1. Dovizioso will win the championship! I think without Lorenzo at Ducati he will be very strong on a very strong bike. On the other hand there is a chance Honda will now be unbeatable with this line-up but...let's see!

2. One of these two (Marc or Jorge) will leave Honda after 2020! Probably whoever comes 2nd...but i believe even if Marc wins this duel he will be on a Ducati or a KTM in 2021 just for a new challenge!!

And one last question: Marquez twitted some time ago that he will use No 1 this year! Is that the case? Because in the presentation earlier his bike had 93 on it!
Now 93 and 99 are team mates and before they start to feel bad for each other and cease talking to each other, they may talk about ducati bike.
If this assumed conversation realised or not, we all know that ducati bike needs different riding style compared Yamaha Honda and Suzuki. Riders know better and deeper than us. So I don't know, if 93 prefer to go that way. You know his power comes from his style and Ducati & 99 example is obvious. Of course 99 adapted the bike and was good at last races. So 93 also can do this. But history repeat itself if not learned from it. So there are lessons of 46 and 99.
I would prefer Yamaha or if I am obsessed about showing my ability bigger than bike's ability , Suzuki would be best adventure. I am saying this for 2018 Suzuki. Maybe they will be far better every next year.(hope so)

Nonserviam85

In my opinion the best thing that can happen to the Championship is Marquez to go to Yamaha, preferably with Rossi as a teammate. The viewership will explode!

AMG.Tzan

Nonserviam85 wrote:
24 Jan 2019, 23:02
In my opinion the best thing that can happen to the Championship is Marquez to go to Yamaha, preferably with Rossi as a teammate. The viewership will explode!
I think that the Yamaha and Suzuki bikes don't suit Marquez's aggresive style!
One dream team would have been Rossi-Marquez on the 2005 Yamaha! But i still wonder what would have happened had Stoner continued on to 2013 with Marquez as teammate...! :wink:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

GPR-A

AMG.Tzan wrote:
25 Jan 2019, 00:22
Mqrquez is like Alonso. They get used to whatever equipment they have with them and get the absolute best out of it.
AMG.Tzan wrote:
But i still wonder what would have happened had Stoner continued on to 2013 with Marquez as teammate...! :wink:
Oh Stoner thing again! #-o

Andres125sx

Nonserviam85 wrote:
You bad boy, Rossi don´t deserve that punishment :mrgreen:

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:
One dream team would have been Rossi-Marquez on the 2005 Yamaha! But i still wonder what would have happened had Stoner continued on to 2013 with Marquez as teammate...! :wink:
On the contrary, if bike is more smooth 93 can be more agressive on bike. So Yamaha can suit to 93 but I am not sure about Suzuki.
From this point of view Ducati also good because he can brake harder and open throttle better. But ducati is not good on turns and braking is not with just two finger

etusch

First video I saw clearly how seamless gb works

etusch

Honda is most hard to ride or not , which is true?
Honda newcomer Jorge Lorenzo has disputed Cal Crutchlow's assertion that the Japanese manufacturer's MotoGP bike is the most physically demanding to ride in the class.
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... e/4329478/

etusch

2019 motogp tests started. We need new topic