2018 TT

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Edax
51
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Re: 2018 TT

Post by Edax » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Nonserviam85 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:38 pm
Andres125sx wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am
J.A.W. wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:56 am
C'mon guys.. enough with all the - 'these guys are fully pathological!' - hype, already.. huh..

Why not just give them due credit - for steely-nerved riding talent, high-speed concentration & memory skills.
Because nowadays nobody need to risk his life so blatantly to prove steely-nerved riding talent, high-speed concentration & memory skills

It´s more a matter of look at me people, I´m a macho man with no fear/brain

To demostrate talent there are much better scenarios, there´s a reason no top driver race at TT

Anycase I still admire them and would love to go there and watch a race sometime
The only reason top drivers not participating is because sponsors and teams don't allow them to do so. I bet many of the top drivers would love to participate just like the old days when Isle of Man TT was part of the world championship. The Isle of Man resembles a lot to Nürburgring, it is just too dangerous to race by modern standards.
I think there is a difference between the two. Nurburgring is being raced actively. But due to increased safety measures the number of fatalities has dropped tremendously over the years.

Yet the Snaefell is claiming as many lives each year as it did at the beginning of last century.

I can understand that people want to race the circuit. But I cannot understand why the organisation does not do anything to make the circuit safer. It is not like for instance removing a few poles makes the racing less exciting.

Nonserviam85
9
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 10:21 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by Nonserviam85 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:22 am

Edax wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:50 pm
Nonserviam85 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:38 pm
Andres125sx wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:56 am


Because nowadays nobody need to risk his life so blatantly to prove steely-nerved riding talent, high-speed concentration & memory skills

It´s more a matter of look at me people, I´m a macho man with no fear/brain

To demostrate talent there are much better scenarios, there´s a reason no top driver race at TT

Anycase I still admire them and would love to go there and watch a race sometime
The only reason top drivers not participating is because sponsors and teams don't allow them to do so. I bet many of the top drivers would love to participate just like the old days when Isle of Man TT was part of the world championship. The Isle of Man resembles a lot to Nürburgring, it is just too dangerous to race by modern standards.
I think there is a difference between the two. Nurburgring is being raced actively. But due to increased safety measures the number of fatalities has dropped tremendously over the years.

Yet the Snaefell is claiming as many lives each year as it did at the beginning of last century.

I can understand that people want to race the circuit. But I cannot understand why the organisation does not do anything to make the circuit safer. It is not like for instance removing a few poles makes the racing less exciting.
I think the answer to that is the limited funds that the Isle of Man can provide. Nurburgring is a cash factory now and generates high income to invest on the track.

And besides it is very difficult to make the TT route through the city safer.

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:30 am

By the way I confused two retirements. It wasn't Dean Kawasaki that started misfiring.
Found out today that indeed it was not Dean's Kawasaki that let him down but rather the clutch. Aftermarket no doubt. :wink:
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:32 am

The TT is as it has been and should be.
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:08 am

Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:09 am

Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

Andres125sx
294
User avatar
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2018 TT

Post by Andres125sx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:57 am

J.A.W. wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am
Andres.
Dude, seriously.. what gives you the hubris to even imagine..(let alone broadcast)..
your emotive "Feelings" - on a technical forum - or expect that they'd be of the slightest interest.. to anyone else here?
Freedom of expression. Sorry if you don´t like it but I´ll continue using it :roll:

J.A.W.
83
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am
Location: Altair IV.

Re: 2018 TT

Post by J.A.W. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am

Andres125sx wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:57 am
J.A.W. wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am
Andres.
Dude, seriously.. what gives you the hubris to even imagine..(let alone broadcast)..
your emotive "Feelings" - on a technical forum - or expect that they'd be of the slightest interest.. to anyone else here?
Freedom of expression. Sorry if you don´t like it but I´ll continue using it :roll:
& so.. now you claim.. your vindictive downvoting.. is "Freedom of expression."

Its - (almost) "sorry" enough - to deserve a 'roll eyes' emoji! L.o.l...
Try & stay on topic/technical focus.. can you.. Andres..

Say.. how are the 'one lap wonders' (electric bikes) going?
Are they besting lap records too?


Edit/Addit: Kudos to the fairminded member.. who cast an upvote & cancelled out the malignant narcissism..
Last edited by J.A.W. on Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Zachary Smith sez..
"Yes.. spare us your ridiculous remarks, you insensitive idiot!"

Andres125sx
294
User avatar
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2018 TT

Post by Andres125sx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:43 pm

J.A.W. wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am
& so.. now you claim.. your vindictive downvoting.. is "Freedom of expression."
Wrong, you should pay more attention JAW. I claim expressing my feelings is freedom of expression. Downvoting is using F1T tools, so once again sorry if you don´t like it, but I will also continue using it when I think it´s appropiate

Keep technical and on topic and specially stop trying to needle me and you won´t receive any more. I´ve even upvote you several times when the message deserve it, but the same way I downvote you when deserved. Same with smilies, words only provide limited information, but cannot transmit the same as a face to face conversation where gestures or intonation may provide even more information than words. That´s not present on written forums, so that added to my limited english makes me a regular user of smilies, I think they´re very useful. Once again, sorry if you don´t like it but I´ll continue using them, deal with it man

J.A.W. wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:43 am
Say.. how are the 'one lap wonders' (electric bikes) going?
Are they besting lap records too?
You should know better than me, I´m not following TT closely. You don´t know? Or you were just trying to pester me once again since you know I´m an electric vehicles fan?

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm

I haven't seen or heard anything about the electrics.
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

bdr529
102
User avatar
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Canada

Re: 2018 TT

Post by bdr529 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 pm

strad wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm
I haven't seen or heard anything about the electrics.
That's because their really quiet. :wink: TT ZERO 2018 flybys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl64ZKHVRxQ
They raced on Wed. Michael Rutter won
https://www.iomtt.com/news/2018/06/06/m ... s-ses-zero


strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Thanks but I probably have it on my DVR. I'm wading through them one at a time.
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 TT

Post by strad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

J.A.W.
83
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 am
Location: Altair IV.

Re: 2018 TT

Post by J.A.W. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 pm

bdr529 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 pm
strad wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:06 pm
I haven't seen or heard anything about the electrics.
That's because their really quiet. :wink: TT ZERO 2018 flybys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl64ZKHVRxQ
They raced on Wed. Michael Rutter won
https://www.iomtt.com/news/2018/06/06/m ... s-ses-zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlrYwa1uCNA
Ta for the post guys.. & excellent effort by Rutter to score a new lap record, esp' after only 1 practice lap..

Good to see the relevant data-link/technical input - instead of petulant emo-trolling..
(& that.. amazingly.. coming from.. a putative electro-fan!)
Dr Zachary Smith sez..
"Yes.. spare us your ridiculous remarks, you insensitive idiot!"

bdr529
102
User avatar
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Canada

Re: 2018 TT

Post by bdr529 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:49 pm

Not sure if anyone caught this in the Senior TT race
James Hillier going through Barregarrow, he's the 2nd bike @ :20sec