2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
AMG.Tzan

Re: 2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

What an idiot Lorenzo...went for everything although he is not comfortable on the bike and knows Honda's front problem! =D>
What could have been...both for him and the others... #-o
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

NathanOlder

Yeah. Perfect situation for Marquez. Both Yamahas and the leading Ducati wiped out by your team mate. Its like Bottas taking out Vettel Leclerc and Max in 1 corner!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

etusch

Thats very bad for us in the other hand. It looks like Yamaha were strong there and vinales was very agressive and strong on turns. I think we could watch a wonderful race if Lorenzo could stay a bit patient.

etusch

From some angle Rossi looks like he could turn like Petrucci if he could keep his eyes on the line and some others it looks inevitable. What do you think about it?

Then I see this video and I think Rossi made correct move.
Last edited by etusch on 01 Jul 2019, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

Nonserviam85
Nonserviam85

This was the worst possible scenario for the championship... :cry:

Andres125sx

etusch wrote:
16 Jun 2019, 21:12
From some angle Rossi looks like he could turn like Petrucci if he could keep his eyes on the line and some others it looks inevitable. What do you think about it?

https://youtu.be/OD6noDtzSb8
Then I see this video and I think Rossi made correct move.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByxroXzoN1q ... ipnok6uvgv
I watched it several times, each angle. IMHO it´s obvious both Lorenzo and Viñales went too long (in the usual fight to see who brakes later), but Viñales was at the ouside so he could take a wider line, while Lorenzo, at the inner line, had Dovi in front of him so when trying to avoid the collision and braked a bit more, he crashed

Then Rossi, who while fighting Petrucci went even longer than Lorenzo and Viñales, (take a look at Petrucci´s line, he enter the corner slower than Rossi, and even so he goes a bit long), can´t avoid the crash either, but only because he was way way too long

Lorenzo made a huge mistake, but except Dovi, all the rest played their part too, all of them went as long as Lorenzo, or even longer

Race ruined, and championship almost ruined too. And I was thinking Lorenzo in the top group again was good news :roll: :mrgreen:

turbof1

Kind of feel bad for Rossi. He almost actually somehow succeeded into keeping his bike from falling, but then Lorenzo's bike got completely between his wheels and it was game over.

Atleast Lorenzo apologied for it.
#AeroFrodo

Nonserviam85
Nonserviam85

The front end stability problem of the 2019 Honda bike was very obvious here, JL lost his front so sudden he couldn't react the slightest. I guess he JL is feeling the pressure to make such a risky move this early on.

etusch

Noetiepoerker26

Cal's crash was a shame though....

He was running the quickest laps of the entire field at that point. Had he waited a couple of corners he would have gained a position in T10; with definitely a podium spot in sight. It seems as if he is not able to keep his calm during such game-changing moments during races :|
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Well done Maverick Vinales & the re-organised factory Yamaha team, for dominating the Dutch TT @ Assen.

From practice through pole to a splendid victory (Yamaha's 1st this season), a really excellent result.

Credit too, to M.M., for showing mindfully strategic maturity, & accepting 2nd (with a 44 point lead in the
Championship), rather than a 'win it, or bin it' race, like he'd be prone to riding, in days past.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Nonserviam85
Nonserviam85

Shame Rossi's FP3 was discounted and missed an automatic Q2 entry, he would have been in the mix if he started in the front. Rins had blistering speed too, too bad he fell it could have been epic.

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

Interesting how the none VR46 riders are able to get the max out of the Yamaha package. Amazing job by my rider of the day Fabio! He's showing that even with less horsepower it can really be done. Problem is not all tracks are flowing like this one.

Another superlative performance by Marc. He's what 44 points ahead? Crushing. Seriously Honda is probably awake every night thinking what happens if Marc leaves and goes to Ducati for example. Only he can ride the everliving snot out of the Honda. Basically Marc is dragging the Honda along.

GPR-A

digitalrurouni wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 13:12
Basically Marc is dragging the Honda along.
Don't say that. Some people here think he is simply doing what anyone else can do on "THAT HONDA", win championships.

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

GPR -A wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 14:27
digitalrurouni wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 13:12
Basically Marc is dragging the Honda along.
Don't say that. Some people here think he is simply doing what anyone else can do on "THAT HONDA", win championships.
Yes anyone else named Marc Marquez lol. Ah wish Casey Stoner was back. And I do wish Jorge recovers from his injury. My respect for him has gone up way more than even when he was winning championships. He's showing really what he is made off mentally and physically. I also wish he was with Ducati this year then he would have been giving Marc a run for his money I think.