2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
zelot

Re: 2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

If you read Mat Oxley's columns and Twitter feed you will read that the riders all say that the Michelin tyres require more braking from the rear tyre as they can literally lock the front if they go full braking on the front.

Keeping the back wheel from lifting in the braking zone, and holding the weight towards the rear would seem to be the reason for the "wing" on the swingarm.

My thought is that if it was to cool the tyre they would have incorporated it into the lower fairing panels, but this is attached to the swingarm so has another purpose.

I enjoyed the race, although it was frustratingly close for everyone. And once again Rossi proved that he is a Sunday man!

That's my 2 cents for today.

strad

I thought it was a great race and can only wish F1 was as good. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Shrieker

Wow what a race it was. Watched together with my family, and everyone was content.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

roon

turbof1 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 10:38
If I am correct there is a high pressure zone low down in front of the tyre and behind the winglet.
This wing would be reducing that and shifting it forward. May be for cooling but it may also be about sending higher velocity air through stagnant region between the chassis and the rear wheel.

Andres125sx

dialtone wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 06:38
It's amazing how I disagree with you in almost everyone of your posts.

If the tires lasted longer it wouldn't be better racing, you'd have Dovi and MM 10 seconds in front of the rest after 5 laps. How is this "--- up MotoGP" at all? Tires lasting the whole race is how it used to be, and you never had the top 5 in less than 1 second to the finish line.

The Honda was so bad that even the client team got 3rd with Crutchlow beating works Suzuki and Yamaha. Lorenzo was hovering around 10-15th place even at Ducati last year.
Do you really think Lorenzo with Ducati would have been 10-15th this season even after his victories with the italian bike once he solved the ergonomy issues? IMHO he´d have undoubtably been fighting for the victory with Dovi and Marc

Andres125sx

It was a fun race, I did enjoy Suzuki fight with Rins, and Mir was shocking for a rookie with a Suzuki =D> =D>

Hopefully Yamaha can reduce the gap and we can see some race with four different manufacturers fighting for victory

Nonserviam85

As a long-term Suzuki fan, after almost twenty years, I am again excited and confident for this season!!

etusch

In this video it is visible that how struggling Mm93 with the rear, how fast honda at turns compared Ducati and how ducati good at straights (or power wise)compared to others

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bu6fF1SjBI ... chqv9qyxei

dialtone

Andres125sx wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 08:56
dialtone wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 06:38
It's amazing how I disagree with you in almost everyone of your posts.

If the tires lasted longer it wouldn't be better racing, you'd have Dovi and MM 10 seconds in front of the rest after 5 laps. How is this "--- up MotoGP" at all? Tires lasting the whole race is how it used to be, and you never had the top 5 in less than 1 second to the finish line.

The Honda was so bad that even the client team got 3rd with Crutchlow beating works Suzuki and Yamaha. Lorenzo was hovering around 10-15th place even at Ducati last year.
Do you really think Lorenzo with Ducati would have been 10-15th this season even after his victories with the italian bike once he solved the ergonomy issues? IMHO he´d have undoubtably been fighting for the victory with Dovi and Marc
I'm not necessarily making a statement about Lorenzo with Honda, just replying to the statement that Honda was terrible when 2 of 3 on the podium were Honda bikes one of which a client bike. Lorenzo has other problems with the Honda that don't necessarily have anything to do with the bike performance per se. Honda doesn't even have top speed gap as it used to have in the last decade basically.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

zelot

https://twitter.com/AliRouse16/status/1 ... 39488?s=19

Some F1 guys says it's an aerodynamic device 🤔🤔🤔

nacho

Lorenzo wasn't fighting for victory because during the last six months he has broken his ankle and hand, and just before testing he broke his wrist and missed some testing.

He was already very fast with the Honda but during the weekend highsided and broke his rib and crashed again in qualifying, he was racing completely battered.

Honda is very good this year and Lorenzo will be fighting for wins as soon as he gets back into full condition and gets more experience with the bike. All of the guys with 2019 Honda (Marquez, Lorenzo, Crutchlow) had injuries and operations during the winter and are still not in full condition.

J.A.W.

Well, Dovi dilligently carried out his ( Marlboro-sponsorship, so boldly stated:) 'Mission Win Now' directive.
M.M. tried real hard to wrest the win, in an - as usual - 'final laps frenzy', but was over-powered at the line.

Seems the Audi-Sport signage on the factory Ducati is meaningful, both with overtly evident aero-tech,
the proven useful launch control, & also perhaps with what is not directly visible, to judge by the result.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).