2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Nonserviam85

Re: 2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

digitalrurouni wrote:
21 May 2019, 16:38
Nonserviam85 wrote:
21 May 2019, 12:09
Sad to say but it seems to be game over for this year, Honda dominating with the softs. Just hoping MM having some falls so the championship has some interest...
That's just terrible to say - falls. If you said mechanicals I could still see that. A fall = high chance of injury.
I am not wishing him to get injured, but mechanical failures are very rare at MotoGp so the only way to lose points is unfortunately by falling.

GPR-A

Nonserviam85 wrote:
21 May 2019, 17:11
digitalrurouni wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:
Sad to say but it seems to be game over for this year, Honda dominating with the softs. Just hoping MM having some falls so the championship has some interest...
That's just terrible to say - falls. If you said mechanicals I could still see that. A fall = high chance of injury.
I am not wishing him to get injured, but mechanical failures are very rare at MotoGp so the only way to lose points is unfortunately by falling.
It would be shameful for any series, if the competition is between a highly competent team/individual/machinery against a poor team/individual/machinery aided with misfortune for the former. It is better for the best performer to take due credit and enjoy the success, even if it means that it is boring for the spectators. Every series needs two (or more) strong protagonists to fight for the ultimate glory, but the probability of such a competition in motorsport is not often and that is the reality.

A bike is dominant, if both the riders are consistently finishing 1-2, like Mercedes has been doing. But despite having two champions, the other Honda rider seems to be struggling, which is not a good representation for the dominance of Honda. It might just be that, one rider is simply special and spectacular and taking the machine to the most ultimate level of performance.

Nonserviam85

I don’t disagree that MM is spectacular, but for the last 5 or so years he was also struggling with the softs. Honda didn’t even try to use them at some GPs, the fact that they comfortably won with softs shows the engineering and setup advances made by Honda.

As per the team dominance, it is by far different to F1, riding styles and setup have a much greater influence in MotoGP that’s why you see top drivers struggling in factory bikes. Honda is tailored to MM and plus the fact of his extraordinary talent he is dominating but if he changes constructor he might also struggle, as it happened with the best recently...

etusch

Nonserviam85 wrote:
21 May 2019, 17:11
digitalrurouni wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:
Rain affected Q. So Rins started from back and Quartararo too. Otherwise it could be a bit better race.
I am a MM fun but don't like this kind of races. I hope Rins and old fart can battle with mm for whole season. Ducati doesn't look strong like last year.
If race are exciting it is ok.

Nonserviam85

Suzuki usually are quick in the rain and Yamaha are historically fast in LeMans this is why this race was depressing.

digitalrurouni

Interesting. I really enjoyed this race. It was less of a procession and it seemed like the risers we're not worried as much about conserving tires like some of the previous races have been.

nacho

But in the end all bikes (even KTM with Pol) were really close.

Andres125sx

Nonserviam85 wrote:
21 May 2019, 18:58
but if he changes constructor he might also struggle, as it happened with the best recently...
Bold statement here. That´s what anyone would expect from any rider... except Marc. At his debut, his very first race with a MotoGP after winning Moto2, he was on the podium. At the next race he won :shock:

If he didn´t strugled when switching from Moto2 to MotoGP, I see no reason to assume he would if swithing manufacturer in same category

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:
31 May 2019, 08:07
Nonserviam85 wrote:
but if he changes constructor he might also struggle, as it happened with the best recently...
Bold statement here. That´s what anyone would expect from any rider... except Marc. At his debut, his very first race with a MotoGP after winning Moto2, he was on the podium. At the next race he won :shock:

If he didn´t strugled when switching from Moto2 to MotoGP, I see no reason to assume he would if swithing manufacturer in same category
It is different. That year Honda bike was really good that Pedrosa also can go fast with it. But it has became harder to control and as CC has said bike lost front end stabilitiy this year additionally. Of course, again, MM is the one who adapted well this bike(or new front end behaviour).
We saw even with Honda he strugled and lost wdc. So it could be with different bike and it is more possible his age gets older

Nonserviam85

Andres125sx wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:

And so did Biaggi, Rossi and Cadalora to name a few...
So, until MM changes manufacturer everyone will question him!
Last edited by Nonserviam85 on 01 Jun 2019, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.

Nonserviam85

On another note MM broke the lean record yesterday, with 65 degrees!

Andres125sx

Nonserviam85 wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 14:08
Andres125sx wrote:
Nonserviam85 wrote:

Neither of those won the championship on his debut season

There will always be people who can´t accept someone´s talent, but anyone who can´t accept the talent of a 5 times World Champion in MotoGP (in 6 seasons!) should reconsider his reasoning IMHO

What Rossi did, switching manufacturer to win with a different bike, is an attempt to prove he´s above most World Champions, not to prove his talent. Nobody can win a title withou talent, not even with the best bike, as the best bike always is ridden by top riders, so if some of those has no talent, the title will go for his team mate.

Please do not confuse trying to prove superior skills with trying to prove any talent. No World Champion need to switch manufacturer to prove his talent, it´s proven. Those may look similar, but actually are very different concepts :wink:

Andres125sx

Nonserviam85 wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 14:09
On another note MM broke the lean record yesterday, with 65 degrees!
:wtf: :wtf:

Nonserviam85

Andres125sx wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 16:57
Nonserviam85 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

There will always be people who can´t accept someone´s talent, but anyone who can´t accept the talent of a 5 times World Champion in MotoGP (in 6 seasons!) should reconsider his reasoning IMHO

What Rossi did, switching manufacturer to win with a different bike, is an attempt to prove he´s above most World Champions, not to prove his talent. Nobody can win a title withou talent, not even with the best bike, as the best bike always is ridden by top riders, so if some of those has no talent, the title will go for his team mate.

Please do not confuse trying to prove superior skills with trying to prove any talent. No World Champion need to switch manufacturer to prove his talent, it´s proven. Those may look similar, but actually are very different concepts :wink:
Noone questions his talent, how did you deduce that from what I said? He will be questioned as the greatest ever...

Andres125sx

Nonserviam85 wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 19:48
Andres125sx wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 16:57
Nonserviam85 wrote:

Noone questions his talent, how did you deduce that from what I said?
From your post
Nonserviam85 wrote:

This is very different to what you say now
Nonserviam85 wrote:
He will be questioned as the greatest ever...