2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Nonserviam85

Re: 2019 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

So what do you believe a 5 time MotoGp champion would have his “talent” questioned?

Clearly we are miscommunicating here

What I tried to say is that winning in MotoGP from 250cc is completely different to changing manufacturer and win

etusch

Ooh finally we had good one

digitalrurouni

I have a lump in my throat =D>

What
A
Race

etusch

If there were some more horse power, it is obvious that Suzuki/Rins can win this race. They were very good except long straight.

Nonserviam85

The numbers suggest that all I4 bikes are struggling in top power compare to the V4. Possibly the I4 cannot be developed further and compete with the V4 any more top-end-power wise.

etusch

Rossi also may think in that way that he wanted from Yamaha to switch v design for the engine. If it is the reason of lack of power at higher rpm, I am sure they are poised to do it in a short time as possible as.
But I remember some link shared here and I am thinking considering what I read there, as you know, Lorenzo strugled with Ducati and still strugling with the Honda. It looks like using v shape makes it harder to control bikes compared to inline ones. (In fact when I look from outside, riding ducati looks easier then yamaha and Suzuki )
If things What I said were true it is not just a designing v shape engine but redesigning almost whole bike with result of completely different behaviour. So it will take longer and longer to find feelings on it for riders.

digitalrurouni

Correct me if I am wrong but these bikes are making a lot of power anyway right? Is power really the problem with the Yamaha? Or is it putting the power down to the ground out of the corners under acceleration - which results in more spin and thus less forward momentum?

cooken

Seems like it's everything in concert including load transfer through the chassis and associated flex. I don't doubt dynamics/harmonics play a big role too, and all interrupted potentially in erratic fashion by the electronics. Certainly though you can see the lack of top end power at the end of the straight, especially at Mugello you could separate that from just corner exit/traction.

Seems real complicated.

Andres125sx

Wow what a race! =D> =D>

Petrucci´s best day ever for sure, well done. Unfortunatelly, if Marquez manage to be second, in front of Dovi, at this Ducati track, the season is over. Not a big surprise at this point tough

I´m impressed with Suzuki, and dissapointed with Yamaha btw

Nonserviam85

digitalrurouni wrote:
04 Jun 2019, 17:58
Correct me if I am wrong but these bikes are making a lot of power anyway right? Is power really the problem with the Yamaha? Or is it putting the power down to the ground out of the corners under acceleration - which results in more spin and thus less forward momentum?
This can be an issue in shorter straights after low speed corner exits, but in Muggelo you enter the straight after a high speed corner so acceleration and putting power to the wheel are less relevant. The straight in Muggelo has been historically a dyno-type display for the manufacturers.
Last edited by Nonserviam85 on 05 Jun 2019, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

digitalrurouni

Nonserviam85 wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 12:31
digitalrurouni wrote:
This can be an issue in shorted straight after low speed corner exits, but in Muggelo you enter the straight after a high speed corner so acceleration and putting power to the wheel are less relevant. The straight in Muggelo has been historically a dyno-type display for the manufacturers.
Good point. So I assume that a more powerful engine will have a more aggressive power delivery unless electronics plus crankshaft weight can curb that down. Also all the bikes are almost using the same reverse rotating crankshaft for handling. Yamaha's philosophy has always been to use less power but get the rider throttle tire connection really well. It seems however that recently with technology and riding style instead of taking wide turning high corner speed arcs, it seems to be more like getting the bike turned in asap and then hit apex and immediately straighten it and shoot out of the corners. That seems the fastest way around the track. I think Yamaha needs to stop listening to Valentino and take a look at what the others are doing. I think that style has reached a development dead end.

Nonserviam85

digitalrurouni wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 14:29
Nonserviam85 wrote:
digitalrurouni wrote:
This can be an issue in shorter straights after low speed corner exits, but in Muggelo you enter the straight after a high speed corner so acceleration and putting power to the wheel are less relevant. The straight in Muggelo has been historically a dyno-type display for the manufacturers.
Good point. So I assume that a more powerful engine will have a more aggressive power delivery unless electronics plus crankshaft weight can curb that down. Also all the bikes are almost using the same reverse rotating crankshaft for handling. Yamaha's philosophy has always been to use less power but get the rider throttle tire connection really well. It seems however that recently with technology and riding style instead of taking wide turning high corner speed arcs, it seems to be more like getting the bike turned in asap and then hit apex and immediately straighten it and shoot out of the corners. That seems the fastest way around the track. I think Yamaha needs to stop listening to Valentino and take a look at what the others are doing. I think that style has reached a development dead end.
Actually Rossi says the opposite now, he insists Yamaha get a more wild/stronger engine and develop more sophisticated electronics to take care of power delivery just like Honda/Ducati are doing.

The one time they listened to Vinales proved catastrophic to be honest so they are more careful now...

etusch

Yamaha responded Honda's seamless gearbox move after 1.5 year ( correct me please if remember wrong ) and when they introduce it, they could use it after first two or three gears. ( It restriction may be only when downshifting)
I think yamaha will do what needed but question is when?
Rins says Suzuki stoped all engine work for this year. So I understand that they are working on next years Engine. I hope it is concentrated on to have what needed to be more power but I don't know if it is v block or something else...

digitalrurouni

Nonserviam85 wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 15:44
digitalrurouni wrote:
05 Jun 2019, 14:29
Nonserviam85 wrote:

Actually Rossi says the opposite now, he insists Yamaha get a more wild/stronger engine and develop more sophisticated electronics to take care of power delivery just like Honda/Ducati are doing.

The one time they listened to Vinales proved catastrophic to be honest so they are more careful now...
Ah ok good to know. Weird though that the Petronas team can get so much more out of the bikes than the factory bikes are able to. That kind of blows my mind. I wonder if Rossi is pushing for a V4 instead of an inline 4.