2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
FrukostScones

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Zarco in Brno was too good not see it again:

ZARCO!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

NathanOlder

Yamaha in a spot of trouble over engines used at the start of the season. Both the factory team and satelite team have been docked points for it, but the riders keep their points.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/1 ... fringement
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wouter

World Superbike rider Garrett Gerloff will ride in place of Valentino Rossi on Friday at the MotoGP European Grand Prix as the latter awaits the results of a COVID test.

Yamaha confirmed on Thursday Rossi tested negative for COVID-19 at home in Italy and was able to travel to Valencia, where he had to undergo another PCR test before being allowed to enter the Ricardo Tormo Circuit.

Rossi had that test this morning, with a result expected this evening. Should he test negative again, Rossi will return to action on Saturday morning in FP3.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Yamaha rider once again tested positive for the virus on Tuesday of this week, which prompted the Japanese manufacturer to put World Superbike rider Garrett Gerloff on standby as his replacement.

Rossi did pass a COVID-19 test in Italy on Thursday and could leave his quarantine to head to Valencia, where he underwent a second PCR test this morning.

Due to the time needed to process the result, Rossi was forced to sit on the sidelines for Friday's running at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit.

Yamaha has confirmed via its social media channels Rossi has been cleared to ride this weekend.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Honda rider Alex Marquez claims Yamaha “cheated” and the riders knew the engines they used in the MotoGP Spanish Grand Prix were illegal.
Yamaha was docked 50 constructors’ points on Thursday after an FIM investigation found the Japanese marque had unsealed some of its engines without agreement from the manufacturers' association and fitted non-homologated valves for the Spanish GP in July.

The penalty has not impacted any of Yamaha’s three championship contenders in Franco Morbidelli, Fabio Quartararo and Maverick Vinales, but some – including Suzuki boss Davide Brivio – have said a Yamaha title win would cast a “shadow” over the season.

Yamaha insists the valves it used were not of a different design to those it had homologated pre-season, and that this infringement was an “internal oversight”, while Morbidelli, Quartararo and Vinales have all denied they knew their Spanish GP engines were illegal.

But Honda rider Marquez says he doesn’t buy this, and also believes the other Yamaha riders knew what was going on.

“What is clear at the end is that they have cheated or have not been within the regulations,” Marquez said of Yamaha.

On the riders' claims they were not aware of any transgressions, he added: “The excuse of 'I did not know' exists [but] at all times the factory is very open and you know what engine you are using.

“You know everything, you are up to date. As a rider you are always watching when they install an engine or store it, always you are aware of what you are using.”

Dovizioso doesn’t understand Yamaha ruling
Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso admits “I don’t understand” the ruling handed down to Yamaha, and is equally perplexed at why the other manufacturers accepted the punishment.

The points docked from Yamaha’s constructors’ championship are only from the Spanish GP, which Quartararo won.

Given Dovizioso would have been promoted from third to first at the Spanish GP had Yamaha been disqualified from the Spanish GP, it would have strengthened Ducati’s hopes of winning the 2020 title.

“That's what I don't understand,” Dovizioso, who is 28 points off the championship lead with three rounds to go. “I'm not understanding the strategy of the various manufacturers, which seem to have agreed not to go against [the ruling].

“I don't know all the details, so I don't want to sentence, but it seems very strange to me.”
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... ga2ZVQYyAQ

n_we1ss

Championship contenders in all 3 classes crashed. Nuts!

etusch

Well done Suzuki and riders. We can say that Mir is new WDC. This season he ride very well

Andres125sx

It was impressive for a rider that young. He´s managing pressure perfectly. When he passed Rins and started to push hard we all know what he was thinking, that was his chance for his very first victory while fighting the title, and that should stress anyone, but Mir managed it as a veteran =D>

First 1-2 for Suzuki since 1982, I´m really glad for them =D> =D>

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:
10 Nov 2020, 08:46
It was impressive for a rider that young. He´s managing pressure perfectly. When he passed Rins and started to push hard we all know what he was thinking, that was his chance for his very first victory while fighting the title, and that should stress anyone, but Mir managed it as a veteran =D>

First 1-2 for Suzuki since 1982, I´m really glad for them =D> =D>
During race I thought if someone would fall between front runners it would be Rins or Pol. They are making mistakes at this stages generally. But both managed to finish.

Wouter

Marc Marquez may face a further setback in his efforts to return to MotoGP for the start of the 2021 season, according to The Race’s sources in the paddock, with the prospect of a third operation that could potentially add months to his recovery time.
https://the-race.com/motogp/marquez-fac ... SocialSnap
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi has tested positive for COVID-19 again just a week after testing negative following a two-round layoff with the virus last month.

Rossi was forced to miss the Aragon double-header in October when he caught the virus between the French and Aragon Grands Prix.

Rossi will need to undergo another test to determine wither he will miss this weekend's race.

With the final round of the 2020 season coming up in just over a week's time in Portugal, Rossi could well miss his final race as a factory Yamaha team rider.
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/1 ... id19-again
The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

Wouter wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 13:01
Yamaha MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi has tested positive for COVID-19 again just a week after testing negative following a two-round layoff with the virus last month.

Rossi was forced to miss the Aragon double-header in October when he caught the virus between the French and Aragon Grands Prix.

Rossi will need to undergo another test to determine wither he will miss this weekend's race.

With the final round of the 2020 season coming up in just over a week's time in Portugal, Rossi could well miss his final race as a factory Yamaha team rider.
And now they say he tested negative :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

Morteza wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 17:42
Wouter wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 13:01

And now they say he tested negative :lol:
https://twitter.com/autosport/status/13 ... 9980878851
A few hours later!! #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

Andres125sx

Wouter wrote:
12 Nov 2020, 12:26
Marc Marquez may face a further setback in his efforts to return to MotoGP for the start of the 2021 season, according to The Race’s sources in the paddock, with the prospect of a third operation that could potentially add months to his recovery time.
https://the-race.com/motogp/marquez-fac ... SocialSnap
Alberto Puig just said at the TV (spanish news) a third operation is not even considered at this point

etusch

When I first saw how many screw are there I thought these also can weak bone. I think They have to find better way to make it