2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 17:45
etusch wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:05
What a crazy bike 200+ km/h at second 300 at 4th and still there are 2 gear.

https://youtu.be/fX-2_2cvg7w
Sincerely, what is crazy (and stupid) here is the rider, first for the way he rides, second for uploading the video to YT.

I always laugh when some rider/driver is sanctioned based on a video he uploaded, it´s like killing someone with a knife and introduce it into a glass cabinet next to your home´s door so everybody can see it #-o
Agree with you about rider and riding style. But I was concentrated on bike not on rider.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

WOW!! So the rumours were true! 6 months recovery!! Thanks for posting @Morteza.
The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

Wouter wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 00:02

WOW!! So the rumours were true! 6 months recovery!! Thanks for posting @Morteza.
Don't mention it.
I wonder who is going to replace him during his recovery time.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jolle

etusch wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 20:14
Andres125sx wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 17:45
etusch wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 12:05
What a crazy bike 200+ km/h at second 300 at 4th and still there are 2 gear.

https://youtu.be/fX-2_2cvg7w
Sincerely, what is crazy (and stupid) here is the rider, first for the way he rides, second for uploading the video to YT.

I always laugh when some rider/driver is sanctioned based on a video he uploaded, it´s like killing someone with a knife and introduce it into a glass cabinet next to your home´s door so everybody can see it #-o
Agree with you about rider and riding style. But I was concentrated on bike not on rider.
I think it’s not uncommon for the modern superbikes. They are so hardcore that they don’t really belong on the road anymore.

AMG.Tzan

Morteza wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 00:08
Wouter wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 00:02

Don't mention it.
I wonder who is going to replace him during his recovery time.
Am I the only one thinking that this might be Marquez's career ending crash? So much rehabilitation and his arm needs another surgery...that doesn't look good at all for him!

And even if he returns...we know his riding...it won't be long before he crashes again! And then what? I don't know...I'm a fan of his and I hope that he returns in 2021 fully fit and back to his old form! But all these operation are looking worrying! :?

Rumors say that Dovi will take his place if he's out again! And it sounds logical to me, though i don't expect Dovi to be fast on the Honda after so many years on a Ducati! If Marquez doesn't manage to compete again in 2021 it will be a party again just like 2020...but this time Quatararo must prevail!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

etusch

oh that bad news. But I believe he will back on bike again and win.
I don't see any dovi possibility and also he can not be fast with honda. A.M or TN can replace him until return. Maybe SB at lcr or lcr with only one bike.

Wouter

Six-time MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez has undergone a third operation on his right arm in Madrid and likely faces a six-month recovery period.

Motorsport.com can confirm the surgery did take place, with Honda's own statement issued late on Thursday night noting the "uneventful" operation took eight hours. The surgery involved bone being taken from his hip, which is high in red blood cells, and grafted onto the humerus area on his right arm where a new plate was also inserted.

Marquez’s recovery is expected to take up to six months, which will rule him out of the start of the 2021 season – due to begin on 28 March with the Qatar Grand Prix. Honda has yet to comment on recovery time.

The full statement from Honda read: "Marc Marquez has undergone a new operation on his right arm as a result of the slow healing of the humerus bone, which has not improved with specific shock wave treatment.

"Today the rider has undergone surgery at the Hospital Ruber Internacional, in Madrid, for a pseudarthrosis of the right humerus.

"The surgery, carried out by a team made up of doctors Samuel Antuna, Ignacio Roger de Ona, Juan de Miguel, Aitor Ibarzabal and Andrea Garcia Villanueva, consisted of the removal of the previous plate and the placement of a new plate with the addition of an iliac crest bone graft with a corticoperiosteal free flap.

"The surgical procedure lasted for eight hours and was uneventful."
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... n=widget-1
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

etusch

maybe we can see little Button at 2 wheel racing

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

MotoGP team boss Gresini hospitalised with COVID-19

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... ssion=true
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Gresini boss in medically-induced coma, but condition "improving"

“The conditions of Fausto Gresini - who was transported to the Carlo Alberto Pizzardi hospital in Bologna on 30 December - are slightly improving,” the statement read.

“After his arrival at the hospital (Intensive Care Department of Prof. Cilloni) with very low blood oxygen saturation levels, the Gresini Racing Team Principal was induced into a pharmacological coma and received an endotracheal intubation to help organs' oxygenation.

“During the last few hours, in light of stable and improving general conditions, the doctors decided to begin a slow awakening process to allow independent lung ventilation.

“Further updates will follow.”
https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/ ... -/4934216/
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

etusch

it is realy shocking
Davide Brivio, the man who helped lead Suzuki to MotoGP title glory in 2020, has been linked with a shock move to join the rebranded Alpine Formula 1 team.
The Italian has earned huge respect in MotoGP, where his recent success with Suzuki has come after a lengthy career that delivered multiple world championships for Yamaha too.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alpi ... n=widget-1