2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
nacho
nacho

Re: 2020 FIM MotoGP World Championship.

KTM seems to have made a step or the hot is working for them. Binder and Lecuona surprised too.

Bagnaia is looking good, Zarco is doing good, Dovi's shoulder isn't a problem.

Honda is still difficult and the bike is apparently almost a 2019 bike.

Suzuki and Aprilia I don't know, should be good but let's see. Yamaha's are working well except Rossi is still suffering with the overheating rear.

So many good riders and almost all bikes are good or decent.

etusch

I am very exited for the first race. Hope it will be good one.
Who is where in race pace I wonder

cooken
cooken

Meanwhile, in Moto GP, a competition has occurred.

etusch

MM gets new level at saving bike. it was incredible

rscsr

etusch wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 14:09
MM gets new level at saving bike. it was incredible
unfortunately the 2nd crash seems to have been pretty bad

etusch

yes. he will take to hospital. Hope no bad injury to prevent him to race.
He made very good race and must accept 3d place.

FrukostScones

yeah, MM should have settled for 3rd.

to many injuries already this weekend. : /
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

etusch

MM broke his arm. I am not sure if he could race next week.

NathanOlder

His high risk style may well cost him the title this year.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AMG.Tzan

Oh Marc...there goes the championship! :oops:

6 titles in and Marquez can't control his anger after falling back in a race! I'm a huge fan of his but this kind of mistakes will cost him dear for the future...he was lucky already with the season starting so late, after having surgery on his shoulder in the winter, but now...that's a fracture...i don't see him racing for some time!

His save and then his comeback up to 3rd (almost 2nd) was epic...and i thought...wow what an alien! But the commentators kept saying "if he doesn't crash", "i believe he'll crash before the end" and i also thought that he will crash because he was pushing way too much...he really did crash...there was no need to push like hell after getting up to 3rd!

Happy for Quartararo though! I like this kid...20 years old and seems like the only one able to take it to Marquez in terms of row speed! Vinales reminds me of Lorenzo...if something isn't right they are nowhere!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

rscsr

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:44

6 titles in and Marquez can't control his anger after falling back in a race! I'm a huge fan of his but this kind of mistakes will cost him dear for the future...he was lucky already with the season starting so late, after having surgery on his shoulder in the winter, but now...that's a fracture...i don't see him racing for some time!

His save and then his comeback up to 3rd (almost 2nd) was epic...and i thought...wow what an alien! But the commentators kept saying "if he doesn't crash", "i believe he'll crash before the end" and i also thought that he will crash because he was pushing way too much...he really did crash...there was no need to push like hell after getting up to 3rd!

Happy for Quartararo though! I like this kid...20 years old and seems like the only one able to take it to Marquez in terms of row speed! Vinales reminds me of Lorenzo...if something isn't right they are nowhere!
regarding Vinales. There was a lot not right this race. Completely wrong tyre choice. He did very well to hold onto 2nd with those tyres.

etusch

AMG.Tzan wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 17:44

If he recover soon still he can be champion. Bike looks very good.

rscsr

nacho wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 20:45
KTM seems to have made a step or the hot is working for them. Binder and Lecuona surprised too.

Bagnaia is looking good, Zarco is doing good, Dovi's shoulder isn't a problem.

Honda is still difficult and the bike is apparently almost a 2019 bike.

Suzuki and Aprilia I don't know, should be good but let's see. Yamaha's are working well except Rossi is still suffering with the overheating rear.

So many good riders and almost all bikes are good or decent.
Binder was very strong and could have finished just behind Espargaro. And Oliveira had a great race as well.

The Suzuki and Aprilia didn't show much unfortunately. Rins' injury didn't help as well.

Honda probably is going to have a problem. Most likely only Crutchlow who can potentially get onto the Podium, but missing the race doesn't really help for next weekend.

All the Yamaha's looked quite strong.

And the Ducati's had a great race, especially when considering that Jerez is a pretty bad track for them.

nacho
nacho

Happy to see Quartararo finally get his first win. A real disaster for Honda, that bike is just so hard. Worrying part of Marc's injury was that the radial nerve. Next week they will probably only have Bradl, Alex and Nakagami, unless Cal can ride so quick after the surgery.

Rins will try to ride next week. I think Suzuki should have a good bike but we'll see.

KTM finally seems to be there fighting with the others. I was expecting a lot more from Aprilia, don't know what happened to Aleix, didn't see the crash. Smith had a great start but not much pace.

Jerez has usually been a bit of a "bad" track for Ducati so they had a good result even though they lacked slightly compared to Yamaha and Marc.

etusch

I think Honda bike was good. It was stable on braking MM crashed not because of front end. If it were he could save again.