NASCAR

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mclaren111

Re: NASCAR

I'll watch Nascar Again....

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

:roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Jolle
Jolle

is the #47 the same guy who did "trump 2020" on his car?

Maritimer
Maritimer

Scorpaguy

Maritimer wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 01:14
Johnson tested positive for COVID

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/n ... n=widget-1
So much for the jokes that he is no longer fast enough to catch anything. Really a shame though, a nice swansong season with a win or 2 would be nice. What is more intriguing is what will happen to the series if this begins to cascade amongst the teams? I assume all of the series have ruminated upon this...how many positives will it take for any series to shut down?

Jolle
Jolle

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Has <a href="https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace?ref_sr ... Wallace</a> apologized to all of those great NASCAR drivers &amp; officials who came to his aid, stood by his side, &amp; were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to find out that the whole thing was just another HOAX? That &amp; Flag decision has caused lowest ratings EVER!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href=" 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess someone made NASCAR very political. The only response I can think of that Steve Phelps will come out swinging at this kind of stupidity. His statement was pretty clear before and his handling of the situation excellent Good to see that other driver already denounced Trump and the attack on their fellow driver.

The Trump 2020 car made it to lap 19, when it crashes, among other cars, into the We Stand For The Flag cars in the pitlane, sending crew to hospital.

edit: Nascar just tweeted something simple and powerful: #westandwithbubba

well done NASCAR

Scorpaguy

NASCAR is going to use the full 3,4m track at COTA. Turns 1 and 11 will be a demolition derby. Turn 12 will be a fiasco...not sure how they will get those behemoths stopped there. It should be quite a show...tragic comedy, but still quite a show.

strad

so...don't watch.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

notsofast
notsofast

TIL that not all NASCAR races are held on ovals. I'll have to mark my calendar for May 23.

Scorpaguy

This will be a first...NASCAR on an F1 course. Sorry Strad, I am looking forward to it. Anyone care to guess a lap time?