Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters on the brink of collapse after Audi exit, Gerhard Berger must sell DTM assets to new owners

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
theriusDR3

Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters on the brink of collapse after Audi exit, Gerhard Berger must sell DTM assets to new owners

The DTM logo.

Audi recently announced the DTM exit after 2020 citing coronavirus, economic and dieselgate reasons and also Audi Sport will focus on Formula E programme and customer racing. Gerhard Berger must evaluate the DTM asset sale to potential new owners like F1 did with Liberty Media in 2017. New owners will ensure DTM survival and also enforcement of budget caps.

Would you like to see DTM continuity under new ownership if Berger wanted to sell DTM?

wesley123

Re: Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters on the brink of collapse after Audi exit, Gerhard Berger must sell DTM assets to new ow

Oh boy, another one
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Maritimer

Re: Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters on the brink of collapse after Audi exit, Gerhard Berger must sell DTM assets to new ow

I'll take nobody asked for 800, Alex.

Scorpaguy

DTM just lost their rescheduled, post-covid season opener. Survival in 2021...I would guess no. Survival in 2020...???

fritticaldi

DTM will be admitting GT3 cars next season. The ADAC GT series already has this type of racing. Perhaps a merger is in the works?

tothm

I think they need to back to the roots . A Groupe A style "real" touringcar with a cost effective formula .
“Driving starts when you steer your car with the gaspedal not with the steering wheel.”
Walter Rörhl