The Future of CART

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Mclaren11

The Future of CART

a judge here in indy has ruled in faver of the
OWRS and not Tony George. The OWRS will run what they can next year

Carbon

I just heard the news myself, and am very happy with the judge's decision. Though the Series will continue in a limited capacity this year, I believe the toughest times are behind CART (OWRS), and we can look forward to bigger grids in the not to distant future. HOORAY!

SpeedTech

:? Let's hope OWRS has the money to back themselves up and not do what Chris Pook did to CART. Maybe it wasn't is fault, though Ijust don't want to see CART go through this again.

It would not have been such a bad idea if the IRL bought CART, only if they where going to make it a fair oval and road championship 8)

West

I went to a CART race and was only excited for thirty minutes. I fell asleep on every crash but the last one, at California Speedway 2002.

My dad wants to go to the 2004 USGP but after the CART race it seems like it's more entertaining on TV than it is in real life.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Stas

You fall asleep because it was oval racing :arrow: :oops:

tomas_sweden

Well, i hpe there is a pretty good future for cart! As they call it the Chess of motor racing i understand! There is a lot of strategy, and smothness involved, and, our Swedish driver Kenny Brack 8) But i guess, F1 draws my interest more!