ADAC Zurich 24h Nurburgring

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
modbaraban
modbaraban

ADAC Zurich 24h Nurburgring

vyselegend

Re: ADAC Zurich 24h Nurburgring

Thanks Mod! :wink:

I spoted your link late in the night, and so I enjoyed some good night action during my insomnia.

The Audi armada looked so strong I thought they were going to have it easy, but fighting Porsche is always a handfull.
Too bad the Ford GT's pole didn't lead anywhere...

modbaraban
modbaraban

I've found some Timing, albeit half-live :)

CLICK HERE (Classes can be switched on the right above the table)

Racing Team Ukraine M3 lost their comfortable lead in V5 aftr a shunt at 5 AM :x now at 3rd.

I'm really happy about the mighty Astons though!

A battle for the overall win can still heat up. R8 #97 is over 5 mins down but is closing down on the Manthey Porsche #1.

Some live text updates in english can be found HERE

modbaraban
modbaraban

vasia
vasia

A lot of beautiful Porsches and Audis in this race.

I must post a pic of this mysterious car, running in the SP8 class. It was achieving lap times very similar to the SP7 and SP9 class GT3 Cup, GT3 RSR and Audi R8 LMS cars.

modbaraban
modbaraban

vasia wrote:A lot of beautiful Porsches and Audis in this race.

I must post a pic of this mysterious car, running in the SP8 class. It was achieving lap times very similar to the SP7 and SP9 class GT3 Cup, GT3 RSR and Audi R8 LMS cars.
But was beaten by a standard V12 Vantage roadcar with the company boss at the wheel :D

PS: what's so mysterious about the race prepared LF-A? The car's been driving round that 'ring for a few years non-stop it seems.

abhisheksampat
abhisheksampat

hey modabaran, thanks for the link and the pics, made my weekend, monaco gp, the ring, awesome
shame, wanted the r8 to win though
is anyone going for le mans?

vasia
vasia

modbaraban wrote:
vasia wrote:A lot of beautiful Porsches and Audis in this race.

But was beaten by a standard V12 Vantage roadcar with the company boss at the wheel :D

PS: what's so mysterious about the race prepared LF-A? The car's been driving round that 'ring for a few years non-stop it seems.
That is because both LF-A cars were out of the race for a few hours for different reasons. Doesn't change the fact these LF-A cars had faster lap times than the V12 Vantage. As I said, their lap times were in the same range as the SP7/SP9 cars.

By the way, the LF-A was in the same class as the Vantage, which means it's very close to production-based.

What's mysterious is that we don't fully know what it looks like, or have exact specs on it. If you look closely those are tacked-on body panels on those LF-A cars. They are not the production body. Also it's exciting to think that a close-to-production car like the LF-A can match the lap times of (highly modified) GT3 RSRs and R8 LMS cars.

modbaraban
modbaraban

vasia wrote:By the way, the LF-A was in the same class as the Vantage, which means it's very close to production-based.
Not really. It has a huge wing and even diveplanes at the front. It was in SP8 class. It's more of a question why the V12 Vantage was classified in SP8 as this class usually consists of cars like DBRS9, Z06.R, Gallardo GT3, Maserati Trofeo Light and the famous Zakspeed Viper GTS-R etc. :wink:

BTW, the latter looks and sounds so spectacular! It's basically a FIA GT1 car with the V10 reduced to 8 cylinders.

Sombrero
Sombrero

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMIDFQxFKJw#t=94568[/youtube]

Live feed : 2014 ADAC Zürich 24h Nürburgring

scottracing
scottracing

Was there for the whole weekend, was a bit frustrating at the track trying to find out who was leading. The commentary is in German and partly Japanese (due to the amount of teams there)
But there was only one large TV screen and no leader boards anywhere, which was a bit poor as even my german friends were having trouble figuring out what was going on. I still dont know what happened to the mclarens, one had an issue early on and the other one i didn't see after the night session.

Was an excellent race and the germans can certainly party hard, well worth a trip but make sure you get there early if you are camping.

Sombrero
Sombrero

43. ADAC Zurich 24h-Rennen 2015 Livestream