Skid pad data

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
BROW

Skid pad data

Hi Guys,

not sure if the right place to spot, but I am looking for someone to provide some skid pad data, as many performance related channels as possible but looking mainly at front steer angle and lateral g's. I am running my own personal project for performance simulation and needed data to process through it. Basic car parameters and setup would also be useful. If anyone could provide it, it would be much appreciated, hopefully I could share some of the development once it gets going!

Thanks,

B

Greg Locock

Re: Skid pad data

Have you tried FSAE teams? The most useful channels off the top of my head are lateral velocity at each axle, acceleration in X and Y, roll angle, longitudinal velocity, and wheel steer angle for each wheel.

You'll be doing a lot of transformations between coordinate systems.

BROW

I have been trying my luck in a couple places. Hopefully someone can share something :D

Greg Locock

I can't give you real data... but you could generate synthetic data, say using carsim or a bicycle model or whatever or a racing game. A constant radius test is a bit of a pain to program as you need to use feedback, but a swept steer at constant speed is entirely open loop and often more useful.