Vehicle Development Project - Interests

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Tom

Could easily build models of the car out of cheap materials to start.

If Eddie Jordan, Stoddy, SA and Arrows car all build real F1 machines why can't we build cheap(er) replicas?

Besides, real cars need real drivers and I don't think many people on F1tech.net are quite up to it.

Perhaps one day there'll be enough interest to fund the idea. Think of the marketing.
'F1 nuts take on the big guys, on-line!'
Who wouldn't want to sponsor it?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mech_coen

well we could try that, making models but just like I said first design something than make the best looking models you can dream off or what ever we want to make of it
don't think about something you really want, think how to get there

Tom

When do we start?
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Sodder

Tom wrote:Could easily build models of the car out of cheap materials to start.

Besides, real cars need real drivers and I don't think many people on F1tech.net are quite up to it.
Probably not, but I would always be willing to give it a go. :wink:

I might not be able to contribute much to this, but will help in any way if needed and will always be rooting you guys on. Schweet!
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

nazo

im doing an msc in aerodynamics and am pretty good with fluent. are there any vacancies for an aerodynamic position?

thanks,
naz.
Nazario

mech_coen

hi all, I want you to say that the discussion is also on it's forum, so if you're interessed in joining this project, please talk about it there so I know who you are and what you want to do in the project.

http://www.phpbbserver.com/worldvehicledev/
don't think about something you really want, think how to get there

Steven
Owner

I've had a chat with Monstrobolaxa yesterday as he is already doing a project of creating a 2008 spec F1 car.

I think initially we should try to make a simple F1 chassis without any special aero, possibly no diffuser and plain single element wings. If we can manage that correctly and find a way to put that through some CFD tests, development could start by designing new wings, winglets, better sidepods etc.

As I don't think there are much suspension engineers here, I'd move that to development too, as initially just the simple wheel rods could do.

At first, as we are talking about a V8 we must find measurements of a current F1 engine as it should at least fit in this new car ;)

i want to join to this

hi
its a nice oppertunity to get like this .

i want tojoin for this.

Tom

If anyone has any simple things that they would rather not waste time designing, send it too me. I need to practice CAD techniques for my exams and if there is anything simple yet dull (i.e. nuts, bolts, etc) that needs doing for this project, I'm your man.

Monstrobolaxa

CATIA already has it in the parts catalogue....almost all kinds of bolts, washers and nuts...metric and imperial!

I work with CATIA.

Tom

Well any other basic parts that need doing, I don't mind spending a bit of time while the guys with more experience get the hard stuff done. I need the experience myself and I want to help with the project so just send em in.

le mors dur

Hi guys !
My first message here, just to say that if I could help, it would be a pleasure !

I'm teaching mechanical engineering in a Polytechnic in France, using SolidWorks for CAD, Gibbs for CAM and of course CN Milling and Turning...

Thank's for all !

DJKO

Hey guys.

I really like what you are doing. I don't know I can contribute much but I like to help. I study mech eng and currently in Formula Student team in charge of fuel, oil, cooling system. Wanna learn more about things in general so let me know if there is anything I can do. I'm pretty competent in SolidWorks.

Looking forward to working with y'all!

Ciro Pabón

kilcoo316 wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the 1997 regulations?
There you have a long commentary on them. They sound like flint-carving instructions for stone tools. :)

For those of you that hasn't seen me ranting about a cheap car, there you go with the 250 pounds (I do not know in euros, this is a british tradition. Do not care to translate to dollars, my american friends would die laughing: they spent more money than that on their rear-view mirror hanging dices) race car.

I volunteer for simulation on a racetrack... Hurry up, you bunch of dreamers, lazy designers! Stop playing Half-life while the CFD software runs in the background! We have to do some real engineering here, setting-up your miserable horse-manure chariot!
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 01 May 2006, 12:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Scuderia_Russ

Hey Ciro. I'm building my Lotus 7 replica to the plans loosely in that book. Although my build is going to be more like £2500 rather than £250. I think the record is £49!!! That's alot of scrounging!!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-