2016 3 tire compound rules

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
RicME85

Re: 2016 3 tire compound rules

Yeah I cannot wait to hear Crofty try and explain it next season :D

turbof1

Italiano wrote:I'm sorry and I know this is 2015 and someone will be offended by my "language"...

But this is retarded. Borderline certifiable. Are you kidding me? You have to read the stupid rules about 2-3 times before you even begin to comprehend. Why on earth must every single change be even worse and even more complicated? #-o Just have a hard, soft, qualy and two rain tyres. And a set time before a GP for the teams to notify Pirelli what they want for the specific race.

And now this, is this a goddamn joke?! What kinda tyres u want dude? I dunno. Well we need to know 3 months in advance.

3 MONTHS!!!

It's either the power unit or the tyres or the aero or the budgets, just stupid crap everywhere you look.
Let's also not forget they did not have a chance yet to test the tyres properly. I'm guessing Pirelli will make a few changes to increase wear. So it's kind of "What kinda tyres u want dude? I dunno. Well we need to know 3 months in advance, so you better make an informed and thoroughly analysis quickly. We'll send you the data and info to make such a good decision after you made the decision."
#AeroFrodo

langwadt
langwadt

Italiano wrote:I'm sorry and I know this is 2015 and someone will be offended by my "language"...

But this is retarded. Borderline certifiable. Are you kidding me? You have to read the stupid rules about 2-3 times before you even begin to comprehend. Why on earth must every single change be even worse and even more complicated? #-o Just have a hard, soft, qualy and two rain tyres. And a set time before a GP for the teams to notify Pirelli what they want for the specific race.

And now this, is this a goddamn joke?! What kinda tyres u want dude? I dunno. Well we need to know 3 months in advance.

3 MONTHS!!!

It's either the power unit or the tyres or the aero or the budgets, just stupid crap everywhere you look.
maybe Pirelli simple doesn't have the production capacity to makes enough tires in less than 3 months?

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

RicME85 wrote:Yeah I cannot wait to hear Crofty try and explain it next season :D
I can't take that man's constant stream of noise. Sky is my favorite way to watch F1, don't think I hate Sky, but damn, Brundle should be the lead not him. I mean damn. He'll produce the most idiotic sentences, vomiting them out at a rate of 1 word per second, stringing two bastard half-sentences together, whatever it takes to keep the noise going. Spare me, please, it is TOTALLY FINE to sit in silence for 5-10 seconds and then say something that matters rather than constantly constantly constantly ramble. The rare 5 seconds of silence we get during a race is so nice, and it makes the next sentences much easier to care about, but no he'll do anything to stop that natural phase of human interaction. And the puns. Oh my god the puns. ugh. Sorry for ranting :x :x :x :roll:
Last edited by BanMeToo on 10 Dec 2015, 01:04, edited 2 times in total.

Italiano
Italiano

RicME85 wrote:Yeah I cannot wait to hear Crofty try and explain it next season :D
That's just gonna be a trainwreck like no other ever.

I love F1 and as is apparent a particular team, but every single year it's getting hard to like this mess.

The people coming up with this rubbish should ponder this...

#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

RicME85

langwadt wrote:

3 MONTHS!!!

maybe Pirelli simple doesn't have the production capacity to makes enough tires in less than 3 months?
It's because the tyres go via sea freight to the fly away races, not the production lead times.

Henk
Henk

BanMeToo wrote:
I can't take that man's constant stream of noise. Sky is my favorite way to watch F1, don't think I hate Sky, but damn, Brundle should be the lead not him. I mean damn. He'll produce the most idiotic sentences, vomiting them out at a rate of 1 word per second, stringing two bastard half-sentences together, whatever it takes to keep the noise going. Spare me, please, it is TOTALLY FINE to sit in silence for 5-10 seconds and then say something that matters rather than constantly constantly constantly ramble. The rare 5 seconds of silence we get during a race is so nice, and it makes the next sentences much easier to care about, but no he'll do anything to stop that natural phase of human interaction. And the puns. Oh my god the puns. ugh. Sorry for ranting :x :x :x :roll:
I read this in Crofty's voice.

OT. These new regs mean that teams don't have to run different compounds during the race, right? And teams can run the softest compound in Q2. I think this will make both strategy and overtaking a bigger part of F1. A good tyre delta makes overtaking possible and the different compounds make it easier to try and run the race in clean air. Teams could also try to have 1 driver slow down the pack and the other driver run the quickest race. This might not be smart if your team is going to finish in the points anyway but if you might score 1 point instead of 0 it's worth the risk.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Henk wrote:I read this in Crofty's voice.
Noooooooooooo!!!! :( :( :( :lol:

skoop
skoop

i agree the rules are waaaaaay too complicated. what exites me is that there could be 2 Drivers of the same team with a different strategy. maybe we'll get to see ham and ros fighting it out on different strategies. BUT i'm afraid teams wont allow that (at least merc. being too busy with keeping everyone on the same strategy)

Joseki
Joseki

14 weeks prior to March 20th is December 13th. :?:

December 17th is 13 weeks prior to March 17th, Thursday. :?:

FW17

I did not read the rules published

But is the tyre choices driver specific or team specific?

skoop
skoop

WilliamsF1 wrote:I did not read the rules published

Driver specific

FW17

skoop wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:I did not read the rules published

Driver specific

I thought drivers would have a Christmas. Now they would be busy out thing there team mates. NR LH :cry:

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Please remind me is the Aus GP normally SS/S or S/M compound?