2003 Australian GP Michelin tire question

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Godius

2003 Australian GP Michelin tire question

I recently viewed an album of pictures of the Australian GP 2003 and came across this image:

What was the use for this tire? Is this just a tire for off-track movement of the car (from factory to transport)?

Pierce89

Re: 2003 Australian GP Michelin tire question

Those are setup tires given to a team that have been destroyed as far as on track running so the team can't run them without Michelin observation(my best guess).
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Godius

Pierce89 wrote:Those are setup tires given to a team that have been destroyed as far as on track running so the team can't run them without Michelin observation(my best guess).
Thanks for the comment. My guess would also be that this is some sort of a shakedown tire.

Bonker T

I believe these are the rear tires (wets). The front tires have a more agressive patern and clear the water.