Race Car Vehicle Dynamics book question !

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
firasf1dream

Re: Race Car Vehicle Dynamics book question !

WilO wrote:"It's not child's play though. I remember having to read each page 2-3 times when I was a student to understand everything. This isn't the book's fault though. It's not a simple subject if you want to learn it properly.

If you keep cutting corners by watching youtube videos and reading blogs (particularly motorsport ones) you are going to learn everything wrong. You have the bible - you just need to read it until you understand everything."

THIS. Best advice ever. To anyone trying to really understand the topic, print Tim's post out and tape it to your bathroom mirror, read it every day. I find this to be true with most everything Tim writes on this forum.
hahaha ! that is totally true. Actually, I do not understand things easily if i do not read from the beginning in any subject because something in my head keeps telling me that there might be something missing !

WilO

I did want to take a moment to address the issue of gaining access to RCVD via means other than purchasing a copy: I know it happens and it's tempting, but the fact is an enormous amount of work went into that book over a period of ten years.
Not only is it the 'right' thing to do, buy buying a copy is a worthwhile investment: it will last for years, even when subject to some hard use (the authors insisted on a high quality binding), and if you find that you no longer want it, you can sell it. This book retains its value. Full disclosure: I have the privileges of being an acquaintance of Doug Milliken and having met his father Bill. People of great knowledge and integrity, and honestly, the nicest people I have met.

firasf1dream

WilO wrote:I did want to take a moment to address the issue of gaining access to RCVD via means other than purchasing a copy: I know it happens and it's tempting, but the fact is an enormous amount of work went into that book over a period of ten years.
Not only is it the 'right' thing to do, buy buying a copy is a worthwhile investment: it will last for years, even when subject to some hard use (the authors insisted on a high quality binding), and if you find that you no longer want it, you can sell it. This book retains its value. Full disclosure: I have the privileges of being an acquaintance of Doug Milliken and having met his father Bill. People of great knowledge and integrity, and honestly, the nicest people I have met.
WilO mate you are totally right can't deny that, but when the book cost big fortune which you cant afford that sucks :/
you might find a genius in a guy working as a janitor so ... :|