Suggestion of a book seems to be the best to start with !

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
firasf1dream

Suggestion of a book seems to be the best to start with !

hello everyone,
I though to suggest a book I am reading which i find it is mega great to understand the steps of designing a single seater and understand the many topics around it from dynamics to others, its name is Race Car Design by Derek Seward a recent book from 2014.
What is super great about it is the fact that an individual with basic mechanical understanding can get what is in it and in a big way because the language used in it is very straight forward so anyone in the world can understand if english is not his native language. It's for Formula SAE and automotive students !!

Thank you Derek Seward :D

Cheers

Greg Locock

Re: Suggestion of a book seems to be the best to start with !

Did you steal that one as well as RCVD?

firasf1dream

Greg Locock wrote:Did you steal that one as well as RCVD?
what do you mean steal ? i borrowed it from a friend of mine
by the way about RCVD, in europe it's common to see people abandoning some belongings in the street, like TVs, or else, so other people can benefit from, so i do not think that is called stealing if you feel the need for it and took it
about the internet, it's not the one who downloaded the file or song or else who is at fault it's the one who uploaded it (he stole it) and the ones who are permitting this kind of behavior. So "IF" i used an internet copy, i thought about some points :
-the books is old which means it has taken the credit it deserved through out the years and before the internet popularity
-the authors are old in age, which means they made a life and hopefully a good one so why not let the ones who can't afford to pay 200$ or pounds have benefit from a work that has already took the credit it deserved, and maybe they might do big things in the future and so the author might be a reason for a big futuristic change

Tim.Wright

Sometimes words cannot convey what can only be represented with a triple Kimi facepalm...

Not the engineer at Force India

firasf1dream

Tim.Wright wrote:Sometimes words cannot convey what can only be represented with a triple Kimi facepalm...
http://www.allword-news.co.uk/wp-conten ... gaffes.jpg

https://forum.f1news.ru/uploads/monthly ... 978758.jpg

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-4bU-n ... _sil14.jpg
hahahaha Tim :lol: kimi the best !
i do not mean anything seriously, I am someone who believes in the free will, and that anyone has the right for education especially in subjects that are their passion even if they can't afford to buy the material and I believe that anyone has the right to claim the benefits for their work, so a compromise must be made for both
my personal solution is that today i borrowed the book without paying for it, but in the future when i am able to buy I am gonna buy it and keep it in my library and it will be a personal reference anyway which will be used for ever for any automotive related project