Slip angle under traction

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Rustem 1988

Slip angle under traction

Hello. I want to know how the balance of the car changes during acceleration and braking. And tire work.
I saw a graph on which the maximum lateral force on the tire is achieved at large slip angle with increasing slip ratio.
Does this mean that in order to achieve maximum lateral force, the tire of the drive wheel of the car needs to generate a lot of slip angle, which can negatively affect the balance?

Rustem 1988

Re: Slip angle under traction

I want to say that the cornering stiffness of the tire decreases with increasing traction force on driving wheels . Is it so?

Greg Locock

The topic is generally called 'combined slip'. I think Pacejka covers it in his book, if not http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/do ... 1&type=pdf may provide insights. Be warned the brush model is insightful and useful but not accurate.

Greg Locock

is for a truck tire. So at 2 degrees of slip the traction force doesn't affect the lateral force, but at 4 and 8 degrees it does

Rustem 1988

Thank you.