Aluminium honeycomb sheet supplier needed

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Ollieoscarsid

Aluminium honeycomb sheet supplier needed

Hi all, this may be a bit of a long shot and I hope this post is allowed. But we’re looking for a supplier for ally honeycomb sandwich. Got a 1980 F1 tub in after a heavy shunt which needs a complete new main chassis channel. It’s 3/8” small cell honeycomb with 20 swg L72 (now L163) on one side and 20swg NS4 on the other, we’ve pretty much resorted to laminating our own, but thought I’d just put this out there to see if anyone can advise. Lots of commercial spec stuff available but it’s all 3 or 5 series which is fine for one side but too soft for the other. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

flynfrog

Re: Aluminium honeycomb sheet supplier needed

what country are you in?

strad

an internet search reveals many companies.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

jrjong11

Ollieoscarsid wrote:
15 Jun 2020, 18:45
Hi all, this may be a bit of a long shot and I hope this post is allowed. But we’re looking for a supplier for ally honeycomb sandwich. Got a 1980 F1 tub in after a heavy shunt which needs a complete new main chassis channel. It’s 3/8” small cell honeycomb with 20 swg L72 (now L163) on one side and 20swg NS4 on the other, we’ve pretty much resorted to laminating our own, but thought https aka ms remoteconnect I’d just put this out there to see if anyone can advise. Lots of commercial spec stuff available but it’s all 3 or 5 series which is fine for one side but too soft for the other. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry to start up an old thread again but are you still searching for the seller? any updates would be appreciated.
Last edited by jrjong11 on 04 Dec 2020, 07:43, edited 2 times in total.

Just_a_fan

The OP has only made one post on the forum since joining - the one at the top of the thread. I doubt they even read the forum since.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.