Aerodynamics

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Bert Bin Laden

Aerodynamics

Hi, I'm a student on a school in holland and I'm looking for some information for my project about aerodynamics of a formula 1 car, if anybody has some tips or a site I'd like to hear about it. and Tnx for your time.

Bert :D
Allah the greatest :P

Steven
Owner

well as far as I know I don't think you will find a better f1 aerodynamics simulation than our CFD thread here.

If you have read all articles concerning aerodynamics here, you maybe have to take a look at nasa or something

Monstrobolaxa

Well...there aren't any specific books about Formula 1 aerodynamics....there's one I'm reading called Race car Aerodynaics written by J. Katz. 1995.

Articles about aerodynamics...can be found in this site, and at the atlasf1.com forum....there is a thread that has a few pdf files.

Then you can check out a couple of thecnical Formula 1 books.....most of them are just general....like P. Mcknight's books.....if you want something more technical......Peter Wright's book Formula 1 Technology talks a little about aerodynamics....but if you're looking for something very technical and cientific.......go for Race Car Aerodynamics....J. Katz.

aerodynamics

Race Car Aerodynamics by Katz is a good text. You might also try The Automotive Aerodynamics Handbook by Landa, Landa, Landa, and Landa . This might be a bit heavy as it is designed as a classroom text or for self study.