an idea on front wing.......

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
mirdavanfe

an idea on front wing.......

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow this is a very technical website here,i'm a very active f1 fan but only recently have i started getting interested in the tech side of it all,i have no engeneering backgroung or knowledge so please be indulgent

on the subject of front wing and especially the vortexes,i was wondering if it wasn't possible to prevent them by doing this=

this little dash(-)being the nose cone,and this(>)being the front wing(with the angle obviously exagerated for the query purpose!
so we have here a nose with the front wing on it...... -> well ya get the picture!!,so the vortexes are happening at each end of the wing because the wing was straight(not anymore) or bent backward,but what if the wing was bent forward like this.......-<??? i know there would still be a massive disturbance hitting the cone in it's very center,but couldn't that massive extra air being dragged in the very center of the wing be of some use to the diffuser or get to the underneath splitter to help the cooling??

the fool is ready for the ignorant bashing!!