Ferrari Testing

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Ferrari Testing

Well just reading autosport today...and an idea crossed my mind.....everyone knows that Ferrari doesn't test their new car with the others during pre-season testing....do they have something to hide?

My idea (a little conspiracy theory)....knowing that the Ferrari tests are only run by Ferrari can their times be manipulated? Usually after a day of testing teams issue press releases with the times...but when you're testing with 3 or 4 teams....the other teams also control your times...and if some lies they could come to the press and say..."they didn't do that time.....they were slower". In Ferraris case no one knows....cause only Ferrari is at the track and no other team is there to certify the truth in the Ferrari times....Ferrari has done some mental "fights", in the past, with other teams.....could the fact that Schummy was over 2 secs faster then the previous record only be a mental "threat" to the others.....only at Melbourne will we know.

Another think the only give us the fastest time....and they could say it race in a race trim....could that be completly true?.....alot goes behind the sceens that we simply don't know.....

What do you all think of this?

seymour
seymour

everyone's a conspiracy theorist

I don't think the "mental 'threat'" is a motivation for ferrari at all. Does anybody honestly think Ferrari is going to be slow? I think 5 consecutive WCC's is enough of a "mental 'threat'" to any other team. without having to run some kind of PR campaign

I'm not saying Ferrari will win a 6th title, but i don't think Ross Brawn called Jean Todt and said "well, we really suck this year. Maybe if we just tell the other teams we're really fast again this year they won't bother to show up?"

I think Ferrari is working hard just like all of the other teams, and while nothing is guaranteed, they're winning streak suggests they are doing at least a couple of things right. Furthermore, I think if one team does really well, it only motivates the other teams to work that much harder. I don't think anybody made it into F1 by taking it easy when they are getting beat.

I agree with Seymour,their previous dominance should be enough to worry other teams,but you can't rule anything out when it comes to Ferrari! Anyone got Mulder and Scully's e-mail?

pyry
pyry

yes but, if the other teams are under the illusion that they are significantly slower, it may drive the to take risks and compromise realiability to achieve an edge or to simply remain competitive, so that ferrari can win with a crappy car as the others hinder with technical failures.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

i must say i really liked seymour's way of putting things :)

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I Love being politically incorrect ;) hehehhehe

Some day if Ferrari finds out....they'll try to kill me ;) hahahahaha

NickT

Either that or you will wake up with a horses head in your bed :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
NickT

uzael
uzael

I doubt ferrari is manipulating their times so much as keeping their development as secret as possible. That could explain why the F2004 looked so miliar to the F2003, minus the changes in wheelbase and aero regs. In the few pictures I've seen of Ferrari testin since the launch their car has sprouted some interesting changes, especially around the rear of the car. Maybe the goal is to keep other teams prying eyes away until race time, when they would have less of a chance to copy.
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "