New engine cover

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
SuperSonic

New engine cover

As we all know, the engine cover regulation changed.
This part of the car will be bigger, showing the sponsors in a bigger area. The aerodinamic effect is that the airflow to the rear wing could be affected a little.
F1Technical published the new regulations, but the engine cover part is taken from the 2003 regulations. (Sorry if I am mistaken :oops: )

So, does anyone know the 2004 measurements? :? :?:

See ya

Steven
Owner

well I must admit I'm confused a little myself, haven't found anything of the RWEP minimal sizes in the official regulations...

Reca

According to Piola (I’ve yet to see official FIA rules for 2004) the engine cover must be 550 mm higher than the reference plane at the rear wheels centreline and 925mm higher than reference plane at a point 1000 mm in front of rear wheels centreline. Then the two points must be linearly connected to define the minimum height of the engine cover between them.
As for RWEP they can be (or have to be ? I don’t know) 100 mm longer. The two upper elements of the rear wing on the contrary have to be in the same area as last year.
For more details you have to wait the FIA rules on the official website.