BAR serrated gurneys

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Reca

Well, Ferrari analysed the twin keel design for sure but I don’t know how much it was close to be adopted. In September 2002 actually Byrne said something like “there’s a new solution that we preferred not to adopt in the F2002 because of lack of data, it will be on the F2003”. At the time some believed again it was the twin keel but obviously it wasn’t.
Maybe when Antonia left Ferrari (april 2002 if I’m not mistaken, and she probably wasn’t really working in the last few months) data weren’t definitive or she thought that the reasons the solution was discarded weren’t good enough, for sure she did lot of testing at Williams in the last two years working with different people and different instruments so I wouldn’t say that the FW26 is an example of what Ferrari would have been, though I see what you mean.
Anyway the Piola drawing wasn’t like the FW26. Just imagine the nosecone of the real F2002 with the wing mounts (a bit more apart than in the real car) continuing to form the two keels, vertical an thin, on the two edges of the nosecone. That was the basic idea.