Ferrari Brakes

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
Mclaren11

Ferrari Brakes

What is going on with ferrari's brakes, in austrailia rubens had brake problems near the end of the race and you could see brake dust on the top of the side podson both cars. then this week Michael had a collosal amount of brake dust trailing dow most of the top of the side pods.

Brakes

I recommend you read this month's F1 Racing magazine if you want to know about brakes!

JPM is on the cover of it.

:-)

Irvingthien

This 'phenomena' has been happening since last year. I recall seeing black stuffs on the sidepods but i don't know what it is. I thought it was dirt. Thier brake ducts are smaller than other teams because they have some sort of ventitating fan inside.

rudo7

I think the dirt on the sidepods is only from the tyres. If you saw Michael getting out of the car, you could see how bad and worn they were....

Monstrobolaxa

Well tires don't make dust......the make peables (small balls)....it is basicly brake dust.....but don't worry too much about it if you look back over old GP's if you pay attention to braking you could also see the brake dust coming from the front wheels......not in the same way it comes from them...through the outer part but from the outer and inner......heavy braking has always degraded the carbon brakes...and the dust has to come out from somewhere....in 1995 remember the Benetton wheels? They were white.......look for pictures of the Benetton B195 and you'll barely find any pics with white wheels.....they'll be black....due to the carbon dust.