BAR on a roll ,new bits introduced again

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
marcush.
marcush.

BAR on a roll ,new bits introduced again

the BAR rethink on their approach to F1 seems to work quite well.
Their Sexy Lady is original BAR thinking ,and not a copy of someone elses,and I feel they might be considered as the second force along Renault very soon. What a difference a year can make....

Has anyone information about the new Suspension they are testing?
I hear they make clever use of their uprights ....whatever that means,but possibly a total integration of parts to gain stiffness ,possibly?
Button again fastest in Ricard.....they seem ready for the day when Michelin is supplying winning rubber again...

scarbs
scarbs

BAR are running Alcon brake callipers this year, they have exclusive access and hence they have the calliper made to their exact requirements, perhaps MMC callpers or aluminium-lithium uprights are planned to have common materials, or different mounting to provide and stiffer interface (as only two fateners are allowed to mount the calliper).

marcush.
marcush.

oh ,I thought MMCs were forbidden for Brakecalipers...or am I wrong?

What about a one piece Caliper Upright ,you could save at least those two bolts...
and what about a hydraulic link from the upright to the damper /spring ?
This way you could do away with the pusgrod.
Ok it was then something like a Morgan sliding pillar thing ,but why not?
As Kingpin inclination has all but disappeared and wheel movement so
little,and as long as you don´t try to make the hydraulic part take the side loads ,the installation stiffness would not have to suffer.
Same goes for the steering why not put rams on the upright (instead of a steering arm and do away with the complete steering rack?) and link it to the wishbone ?(ok ,also not new ,some agricultural devices have steerings like that...)

scarbs
scarbs

Materials of above 80Gpa are banned not MMC specifically
One peice calliper upright might not be possible under the rules, plus how would you remove the disc?
using a hydraulic link instead of a pushrod or switching to a sliding pillar would still reqiure a cross brace to support the suspension or thickerwishbones to support the car.

marcush.
marcush.

removing the pads should allow for enough movement to get the disc out... as is normal procedure in todays production cars.
as for the support of the weight ,yes of course one wishbone would have to carry the load of the car then.