Ferrari F2004 pics

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
bernif2003

Ferrari F2004 pics

Hi! Last thursday in the pit lane of circuit de Catalunya I could took some pics of the Ferrari F2004. I got shocked when I saw this car in front of me, it was really high detailed and very nice! I hope you like this pics!

http://www.telefonica.net/web/bernitech ... 4pics.html

West

Those are very good pictures.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Monstrobolaxa

Bernie did you take pics of the other cars?

bernif2003

yes, but the other pics are not as good as this ones. This was the only car wich was stopped in front of me.

-shr3d-

great pics bernif,
any ideas what piece of equipment is protruding through the bodywork just behind the top wishbone?? never seen that before

Monstrobolaxa

Well shr3d it seems to me that it is part of the torsion bar.....

bernif2003

It is a part of the acumulators that ferrari uses to avoid a posible lack of pressure in the hydraulic circuit. Obiously, when the car is racing, the mechanics take it of.

F1freak

Another interesting item is that it seems the little airbox wing in now molded as part of the airbox design - more detailed and smoother lines. I guess it will become a permanent fixture on the F2004.

Much as I hate Ferrari - this is a very beautiful car. The beauty is not in the overall looks but in the details and how seamlessly all the parts are put together.

These are some very good pictures!!! Thanks a bunch for sharing.

pompelmo

So many controlls on the steering wheel-woow:)

Monstrobolaxa

You are right bernief2003, :wink: I looked at pictures of the F2004 and noticed that while on track there are small lids convering the hole of those....."parts"

-shr3d-

top work bernif... that is why i hadnt seen them before....
another superb performance by a superb car in Spain but hey, I think the best car has won in Spain pretty much every year except 1996 and maybe 2001...and no prizes for guessing who won then.... :)

Reca

Actually the first answer was the right one, the parts exiting from the bodywork are just torsion bars. They adopted this setup with torsion bars exiting from the rear end first time in 2002, exactly in Spain IIRC, and on a few tracks since then, RB uses them a bit more. Sometimes they even adopted an asymmetrical setup with the long bar on one side only.

rumpelstulskin

really cool pics man..... amazing detail in the car ... contrasted with just a new nose :))

Monstrobolaxa

So I was right! :lol:

bernif2003

I'm not agree... I think that it is a part of acumulators. Do you really think that the ferrari designers would put this anti-aerodynamic bar out of the body?
I was cheking out it in some pictures of the car racing, and I didn't saw it.