How Hard To Blow To Stall A Wing?

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
vonk

Re: How Hard To Blow To Stall A Wing?

This is so cool. But, being from the pre-CFD age, I need help. I presume the numbers on the left stand for velocities. How do I read them (reference frame)?
I wonder how that feedback to the other side could come about.

BTW, why is there no “quote” button on your posts?
Techno-Babble = Meaningless use of technical terminology to feign knowledge.

kilcoo316

cornermarker wrote:Now, back to your research, what kinds of applications do you see this having in aviation?
Variations have been studied in depth as (1) a means to laminar flow control and (2) a means to reduce shock induced boundary layer separation on transonic wings.

n_anirudh

vonk wrote:This is so cool. But, being from the pre-CFD age, I need help. I presume the numbers on the left stand for velocities. How do I read them (reference frame)?
I wonder how that feedback to the other side could come about.

BTW, why is there no “quote” button on your posts?
Yes the numbers of the left stand for velocity. The flow is from left to right. the variations are shown by colored contours. Red for maximum and blue for min...
The blown slot is at 60 % of the chord on the underside and the flow from that comes at a particular angle. hence a discontinuous change on the underside.

The recirculation from the underside slowly grows and disrupts the flow on the top side. and it keeps growing bigger until a steady steady state was reached. Maybe something with this airfoil,
Plus the system is taking the extra volume of air injected..The area of injection is 0.03*span wise length, but in usual practice, the blowing is less than 1% of chord, a bit exaggerated here.

I have no clue as to why there is no "QUOTE" button...maybe ask the mods

jla06

Cornermarker,

I´m in the process of writing up my report and I wanted to include that velocity field you posted on page 2. Do you know what journal it's from so that I can reference it in my paper?

Thanks!