Dark theme option

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
dandfx

Dark theme option

Hey Team,
Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, searching didn't answer.

Is it possible to have a dark theme? I often read at night and find the light theme too bright. I have my phone back light on the lowest setting and a third party app to dim / tint the screen.

I really like the reddit app's dark theme matched with a dark keyboard in the android OS, it's easy to read and doesn't light up the roof while I'm browsing.

Thanks for the great forum, I'm a huge fan.

Sieper

Re: Dark theme option

That was actually a quite nice & upbeat posting. I expected a much darker themed message :twisted: . Sorry, can't help you.

nevill3

If you use one of the chrome browsers you could try this extension ......
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ated?hl=en
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Tzk
Tzk

I‘m using tapatalk which has a dark theme. Maybe this is an option for you?

dandfx

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like the navigation on the browser and didn't like tapatalk so rules that out. The Chrome extension doesn't work on Android (apparently no add ons because of ad blocking).

I've resorted to installing Firefox and dark reader add on, not the greatest solution for one site but gets it done.

I've used plenty of forums with multiple themes, normally adjusted in the settings by each user using a drop down menu. Mods, I know you're busy but it's a pretty simple process. You could go to the point of themes to match race teams but that's getting into the old MySpace themes realm lol.

Last edited by dandfx on 15 Feb 2019, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

Godius

I would like to have a dark theme as well. It would be ideal for mobile users. There is an option in iOS that inverts colours but it also turns off the colour temperature settings which makes the white colours very bright (and that is something you don't want at night) :( .

A f1 technical dark theme is welcome in my opinion. [-o<

bauc

Godius wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 11:14
I would like to have a dark theme as well. It would be ideal for mobile users. There is an option in iOS that inverts colours but it also turns off the colour temperature settings which makes the white colours very bright (and that is something you don't want at night) :( .

A f1 technical dark theme is welcome in my opinion. [-o<
I agree, this would be quite nice to have. For example I find the youtube dark theme much better
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Steven
Owner

Some links to dark themed sites that you like might help to better see what you guys want.
I didn't know youtube had one, for example.

It's certainly something worth looking into!

SiLo

Second this. I think not many changes would need to be made would they?
Felipe Baby!

gandharva

Steven wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 13:02
Some links to dark themed sites that you like might help to better see what you guys want.
I didn't know youtube had one, for example.

It's certainly something worth looking into!
http://preview.themeforest.net/item/mil ... w/16119149

There are alot of good dark themes.

dandfx

Steven wrote:
15 Feb 2019, 13:02
... Snip
The screen shot I posted about seems to be in line with the F1 Technical styling, I'm happy to post more screen shots if that helps.

Another good example of multiple themes is reddit, they have a few options including night that works very well for this same request.

Thanks for taking it on board.

mcjamweasel

Another vote in favour.

The android Twitter app has a good implementation of it.