How is the forum rating system doing?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: How is the forum rating system doing?

Ah, good, I didn't know we had such list. Well, personally for me that's not a problem (to have such list public) but others should speak as well, if they feel this needs to stay private?
I was actually thinking it should be a tooltip (the reason) when someone was downvoted, but this list is descriptive enough, thanks.

gandharva

It's doing "perfect" as always! ;) How on earth does my post deserve a downvote? Please explain in context of a working voting system.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 09#p516809

Pierce89

gandharva wrote:It's doing "perfect" as always! ;) How on earth does my post deserve a downvote? Please explain in context of a working voting system.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 09#p516809
Yeah, well I've received 5, count em' 5, downvotes in the last little while and not one of them was about being technically incorrect.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Steven
Owner

Obviously some people are not mature enough to use the voting system as it is intended to.
You are free to PM me or the mods about suspicious votes.

Holm86

Downvotes should'nt be anonymous. Im getting pretty tired of getting downvoted by fanboys who dont agree in discussions.

Ciro Pabón

I don´t think the system is working.

I´ve worked hard to get my downvotes, as any anarchist, misanthrope and revolutionary rebel should do.

I support Chilton for WDC.

I´ve voted for Bernie and Mosley.

I routinely carry my Caterham flag to any event.

I despise Newey´s competence.

I think Ferrari wll dominate... in the next race, of course.

If any African ever make its way into the grid, I´ll be his fan.

I am a fan and a boy... and I´m proud of it.

I´ve downvoted all moderators... and Steven.

And what do I get for my efforts?

Upvotes!

People, stop it!

Long live baathism!

Hey, I´m just trying to help!
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 16 Jun 2014, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

Cam

... +1
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Ciro Pabón

Reverse psychology at work.

Who´s the reverser and who´s the reversee? Cam is definitely a philosopher. Thanks a lot, sometimes it gets lonely around here... =D>

Now, if only someone could find a way to make other people´s day a little better...

If only there were a word for the quality of being amusing or entertaining, especially as expressed in literature or speech...

Nah, I think complaining about my votes will get better results.

Ciro

Steven
Owner

Holm86 wrote:Downvotes should'nt be anonymous. Im getting pretty tired of getting downvoted by fanboys who dont agree in discussions.
While there is certainly room for improvement, there's no need to blow things out of proportion.
You have received TWO downvotes since 21 February...

Holm86

Steven wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Downvotes should'nt be anonymous. Im getting pretty tired of getting downvoted by fanboys who dont agree in discussions.
While there is certainly room for improvement, there's no need to blow things out of proportion.
You have received TWO downvotes since 21 February...
Hey Steven, I recieved 3 downvotes in a few days last week. It was in a thread (cant remember the name) where the Massa - Perez crash was discussed. Don't know if its been deleted because I cant see it in my vote history anymore.

All I did was to bring another angle and a different analysis to the crash. And according to this analysis, I said that my oppininon was that Massa was at fault. I first recieved a few upvotes for it. Then it got downvoted again. And I think its annoying, that you cant participate in driver related discussions in here, because fanboys will always downvote you if you criticise their favorite driver. And people are alot more generous with their downvotes than upvotes in here.

hollus

So your post ended up with zero rep?
Rivals, not enemies.

Pierce89

Pierce89 wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
LookBackTime wrote:No-one will catch Mercedes - Massa

http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... MP=OTC-RSS

Williams related news from Massa:

"The work we have been doing at Williams with new parts, the only thing which we couldn't use yet was a bigger rear wing that wasn't working at the first race. We keep trying to use it, but that's the only thing, everything thing else we brought is in the car. I am really 100% sure that the new parts here will work and the new parts at the next race and every other race should work."
I really expected Massa to be better than the petty little "Williams upgrades work better than Ferrari upgrades" crap. Even more so with him supposedly very close to the everyday little guys in the Scuderia.
Dowvotes are supposed to be for posts that are technically incorrect. Downvotes are not to be used as I don't like this. So, whoever downvoted my last post: I hope you get pleasure from abusing the system.
wow! I got downvoted because I called out a downvoter on abusing the system.

As an aside, I've gone down from 38 to 32 in the last week, and not one down vote was for being technically or factually incorrect. It was all because people have used votes as "I don't agree".
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

wesley123

Checked them out for you, and frankly, none of those are even technical and more of an opinion than fact. Also one(or two) involved you behaving like a mod for some reason. So yeah, none of those are actually "abuse".
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Holm86

hollus wrote:So your post ended up with zero rep?
Yes. One post ended up with 0 and another -1.

Steven
Owner

Some votes were deleted yesterday due to obvious misuse of the system.
I have further deleted a few of them today as well, with accompanying PMs to explain the system a bit.

Also note that contrary to popular belief here apparently, downvotes are not designed to disapprove opinions, even if you don't agree with them. A well explained that thought out opinion can be worth quite a lot, and people sometimes put a lot of effort in to put it out. Voting that down is just incorrect. Instead, vote down what is factually incorrect (like claiming that F1 runs on diesel), obvious repeated ranting, continued fan frenzy and things like that. Do use them sparingly, similar to upvotes (and very much do NOT use them as an "I agree" button.