F1T restyle next month! v7

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

F1T restyle next month! v7

hi all,

a while ago I mentioned that I was hard at work building a new version for F1technical. Well here we are, I've done lots and lots of programming but I can see the end of the tunnel.

I still have lots of work though but I'll start with the new graphical design during next week. So, if anyone has any remarks about the current layout, hints about next, let me know.

I'll keep you people up to date about development in this thread ;)

greetz,
Steven
Last edited by Steven on 21 Sep 2005, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

Scuderia_Russ

I'll be interested to see what you can do to make an improvement on what you have already Tomba. It still looks very fresh to me and i've been visiting a few years now. :)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Steven
Owner

I'm curious myself as I have no idea what I will come up with either :P
(for the design that is)

However I can say it will be for screen resolutions higher or equal to 1024x768. It is currently a resizable 800x600 layout, but we may use a little bit more of the screen as 97.4% uses higer or equal to 1024, with the other 2.6% unknown...

Some other novelties:
- nicer urls: http://www.f1technical.net/news/index.php?id=857 becomes http://www.f1technical.net/news/857 (google likes that more :wink: )
- RSS feeds, not sure about the details yet
- Better weblinks page
- Improved calendar, lots of extra events
- "All teams ever"

Steven
Owner

oh yes one more thing... if anyone is good with illustrator or photoshop:

I'm looking for an update of this site's logo. It's not bad I like the basics but I'd like it to look a little bit sleeker.

Let yourself go and mail me at webmaster at f1technical dot net

manchild

Tomba wrote:oh yes one more thing... if anyone is good with illustrator or photoshop:

I'm looking for an update of this site's logo. It's not bad I like the basics but I'd like it to look a little bit sleeker.

Let yourself go and mail me at webmaster at f1technical dot net
Hi Tomba,

Can you please specify:

dimensions in pixels
resolution
background color
max size in kb
format

Picture only or can flash or animated gif also be used?

Steven
Owner

well dimensions should at least the dimensions of the current logo (above left) of this website.
If possible I'd like the proper photoshop (psd) or illustrator file (ai)
Don't worry about the rest I'll convert it so it's good for online use

manchild

I've PM you with links to some pics I made, let me know if you've received that PM correctly...

-shr3d-

Hey tomba,
good to see that you are still pumping along and looking at upgrading the site. Been along time between visits for me but back int he game now.
Looking forward to the race tonight and i see that Renault have revised front wing for this race. :)

manchild

manchild

Finally something appropriate to this topic. :wink:

Tomba, perhaps it would be of some use to you to know that sometimes after logging in I get orange marks on some topics even though I posted them last time I was logged. So I post - view my message - log out and than find that part of the forum marked with unread next time I log in even though no one posted anything after me.

This is no problem to me but perhaps you’d like to know since you asked for any kind of feedback.

BTW, can’t wait to see new version! =P~

Steven
Owner

I've noticed that myself too, but I'm afraid it's a phpBB bug.

However, as some of you are complaining about login problems (and I've explained how that comes last week or so) I've also found a way to decrease the problems.

Basically, when a search engine visits, it makes a lot of sessions which is why the session table gets full and you all get logged out. I will change some things in the forum code to prevent such robots to get multiple session, it may help.

Furthermore, I plan to introduce v7 tomorrow or the day after, the site will be down for about half a day I guess, I'll try to do it as soon as possible.

I'll also create a seperate forum for "site announcements and support" to seperate it a bit better from this off topic chit chat ;)

greetz,
Steven

ps: I'll send a newsletter to all of you once all updates have been done!

manchild

Tomba wrote:...I'll also create a seperate forum for "site announcements and support" to seperate it a bit better from this off topic chit chat ;)...
Ha! That could work only if you write a script that will infect computer of person who posted OT message with some virus :lol: