sports cars monocoque body

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
on
on

sports cars monocoque body

Hi,
I looking for :? a some material on my graduation theses.
I have desgn a sports cars monocoque body. I need a some pictures or technical draws of monocoque body of sports cars like a Lancia Stratos, some Lotuses, or other sports(supersport) cars with monocoque body . :lol:

scarbs

I'd have thought a google search woudl get you started. The Lotus elise chassis is well documented , as is the McLarenF1 (see http://v3.espacenet.com/textdraw?DB=EPO ... =US5538309). I have soem info on the dutch Spyker car too. Mail me if you need more directions...

Scarbs@scarbsf1.com

luisandregg

scarbs wrote:I'd have thought a google search woudl get you started. The Lotus elise chassis is well documented , as is the McLarenF1 (see http://v3.espacenet.com/textdraw?DB=EPO ... =US5538309). I have soem info on the dutch Spyker car too. Mail me if you need more directions...

Scarbs@scarbsf1.com
Scrabs, I coudn't find the Lotus Elise's links. Could you please tell me where I can find it?

Thank you very much.

Scuderia_Russ

luisandregg wrote: Scarbs, I coudn't find the Lotus Elise's links. Could you please tell me where I can find it?
scarbs wrote:I'd have thought a google search would get you started.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild

http://www.autozine.org/technical_schoo ... assis2.htm

Just google patiently (google, image search)

West

Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

scarbs

googled elise chassis and first result was..

http://www.elises.co.uk/components/s1/c ... index.html

!!!!!

luisandregg

Thank you!

RH1300S

I wouldn't call the Elise or the Stratos monocoque.

Just and idea - google for the original Lotus Elite from the late 1950's/early 1960's (GRP monocoque) - a fascinating experiment. The Lotus Elan was also due to be a monocoque, but they found that it was cheaper and more effective to use the steel backbone that was lased up as a test mule.

on
on

I know whitch cars have a monococoque :lol: .Bud I need a some technical draws and solutions or aplication on carbon fibre.
Have somebody here with some fotos chassis of supersport cars like Ferrari Enzo or MC Laren F1? :wink:
And I need too, how look and function a joint between carbon monocoque and steel tubes or other parts? :idea:

makslm

Re: sports cars monocoque body

Hi Junior,
Can i get the picture of your designed sports car, All the Best. Suggest me where i can all images for sports cars, Thanks in Advance.
==========================================
Kathy Richard

Carlos

:D EDIT - I actually scanned some illustrations of the Elise chassis and posted before noticing it was an old thread and the latest post is OT :D

RacingManiac

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/876061-post9.html

Saw that recently on another forum, its the method which Mosler used....seems straightforward and quite clever actually...

riff_raff

junior,

The term monocoque (French for "single shell") was originally phrased to describe the stressed-skin tube-like structure of metal aircraft fuselages. F1 chassis designers started applying this aircraft structural technique back in the '60s, using first riveted aluminum skins, then bonded and riveted aluminum honeycomb panels, and finally one-piece composite tubs.

Most current production cars use a similar construction method, that is referred to as "unibody" construction. The only technical difference between unibody and monocoque is that the entire outer mold line surface of a monocoque structure is load bearing, while only a portion of the unibody outer mold line surface (such as the roof panel, rockers and pillars) are load bearing.
"Q: How do you make a small fortune in racing?
A: Start with a large one!"

Carlos

A welded aluminum monocoque for a CanAm "replica"

Marcos plywood monocoque, the black and whites are from the Marcos factory (circa 1960's) The couloured pictures are replica chassis built today.