Tapatalk and pop up adverts!!!!!!

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
djos

Omg, I'm about to lose my --- with tapatalk + f1t! I know forums need revenue to fund them. BUT enough with the pop up adverts every two mins that throw me out of tapatalk to the app store and some new junk ware app!

I love f1t but this is really souring the experience for me. :(

/rant

I've looked into this and pop up ad's in tapatalk are apparently controllable by the site admin.

I don't mind ads to find the site but can they just be banners across the top of the display and not so infuriatingly intrusive?
"In downforce we trust"

Steven
Owner

Re: Tapatalk and pop up adverts!!!!!!

I'll check it out.
In any case, a mobile-friendly site layout is being worked on, so you might soon get yourself an alternative to tapatalk ;)

djos

Thanks Steven, much appreciated.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Argh, just had 3 pop-up's in the space of 5 mins. :(
"In downforce we trust"

djos

FFS, I've really had enough of being thrown to Farmville 2 on the app store, (twice more in only 2 mins) the web version of f1t can't come soon enough!
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u

so why not look at F1T from the PC?

or why not install a pop-up blocker?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Richard

I used to use Tapatalk but then found some other forums used another service so you end up with too many apps on your phone.

Then the tapatalk ads get very annoying. Even worse another forum I used gave ad-free content to members for a notional membership charge but the ads still appear on tapatalk.

As I recall tapatalk also started to insist that members get a tapatalk account. So you end up giving them all your login info. I tend to firewall my browsing by never using these aggregating services.

The other thing is that some mod options are not available on tapatalk so I'd end up using the web page anyway.

So in a nutshell I no longer use it due to lots of ads, different forums on different apps, and why should everyone think they can have my login details?

djos

Yeah I've had a gut full of tapatalk (and the new UI design is a massive step backwards) but until I get a phone with a 5" screen it's still the best option for catching up on topics etc while minding our kids or on the train.
"In downforce we trust"

Steven
Owner

I'm looking forward to get your reactions on the new layout once in testing, it should be very useable on any device.
Problem with tapatalk is that I cannot control much, and I cannot add stuff, like article links on top of threads like we have on the site.
Anyway, consider yourselves enlisted as beta testers ;)

djos

Steven wrote:I'm looking forward to get your reactions on the new layout once in testing, it should be very useable on any device.
Problem with tapatalk is that I cannot control much, and I cannot add stuff, like article links on top of threads like we have on the site.
Anyway, consider yourselves enlisted as beta testers ;)

Cant wait :)

one of the things that would make a mobile version great would be a quick list of subscribed topics with those that have new posts pushed to the top. When a topic is selected it goes straight to the first new-unread post.
"In downforce we trust"