Is anybody else having problems

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
f1.redbaron

Is anybody else having problems

Tomba (and others),

1. Sometimes I'm having problems with this site. It is taking forever to load. I use broadband internet and have no problems with any other sites...just this one. Is it just me?

2. Is anybody else having problems with live timing on F1's website. On Fridays and Saturdays (when I use it) I can only see the times of the top two drivers, but that is it. Any chance that it has something to do with the fact I use Firefox?

Cheers

captainmorgan

I have the same firefox problem. It works for me after reloading a couple times. also try reloading through right click on the timing window.

Principessa

I have no problems! Not with this site and not with live timing!

ginsu

Me too. Lots of timeouts when other sites load. I use Firefox too.

The live timing does seem to be broken with Firefox. I use Explorer when I need to see the live timing, but you could also disable the popup blocker for Firefox too. Also, you can add this website and Formula1.com to the list of allowable sites for popups.

In Firefox, Click Tools > Options > Web Features > Allowed Sites
I love to love Senna.

vyselegend

The formula1.com live timing isn't a very "stable" java application. Actually, even while it is optimised for IE, it crashes sometimes with IE too. It's very rare I don't have to reload it at least once in a race. So the main problem isn' firefox (nor the java program itself) but I think it's only a connection problem, they may have underestimated the number of fans online...

m3_lover

On my screen, the change in times is so long and if I had other applications on and is cover the live timing and I minimize the application the area cover completely covers the live timing, they really need to upgrade it or something.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

vyselegend wrote:The formula1.com live timing isn't a very "stable" java application. Actually, even while it is optimised for IE, it crashes sometimes with IE too. It's very rare I don't have to reload it at least once in a race. So the main problem isn' firefox (nor the java program itself) but I think it's only a connection problem, they may have underestimated the number of fans online...
Last year when I was using IE, I never had any problems with it. But since the beginning of the season, a few months after I switched to Firefox, I've been having problems with it.

I'll try what ginsu suggested and we'll see.

Thanks!

Ciro Pabón

May I suggest Opera? It is really fast as it caches everything on RAM.

I have not tested it at F1 live, but I guess that if it works with the site, you'll throw away Firefox and Mozilla.

You'll be as happy as when you switched to Firefox from IE... at least I was. NO more plug-ins reload on every update of the software. Mail, RSS, IRC chat and download manager in one spot. Cool features, like a really good browser for cellphones and the ability to read aloud the text you are seeing in your browser.

Besides, the best security record of the industry. Just compare with this or, worst, with this.
Ciro

Steven
Owner

Re: Is anybody else having problems

f1.redbaron wrote:Tomba (and others),

1. Sometimes I'm having problems with this site. It is taking forever to load. I use broadband internet and have no problems with any other sites...just this one. Is it just me?

2. Is anybody else having problems with live timing on F1's website. On Fridays and Saturdays (when I use it) I can only see the times of the top two drivers, but that is it. Any chance that it has something to do with the fact I use Firefox?
1. that is probably because of an avatar, the manipef1 banner or the google statistics. Can't really change too much about that since none of these are hosted by myself ;)

2. is quickly solved in Firefox: in the window for the live timing that popped up just go to weather or some other tab, and then do "go back to live timing" and this gives me the complete list. Also I have not experienced any crashes at all from the live timing, works perfectly during any session and race.

tpe
tpe

Well, I cannot be sure about the LT problem's nature. But it seems to be FF/java integration. I have no problems with Konqueror (I do not use Windows), thus the problem is not the applet itself.
By the way, 1/2 GP I have to watch the Live timings using a very slow dial up connection with no problem at all.

DaveKillens

I used Explorer when in live timing, never any problems. And it's a lower powered laptop streamed wireless.

Jason

I don't have much problem with this site and others( the smilies does not seem to animate in IE )but sometimes in the middle of the night, I'm taking forever to load( I did not login ) somewhat this site loads really fast, not much problem with it. I use Firefox and Opera
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW