Holding forum posters to their wild predictions

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
RS200E

Re: Holding forum posters to their wild predictions

Thank for the response steven and turbo, but I don't really like the the voting system here, too complex and biased.

I'm a member of a large watch forum which has a simple "like" sytem which is fair and all can use it. For example if someone posts something that gets a lot of likes and someone posts something that gets no likes, then it still looks negative for the latter without any downvote needed. Simples!
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

turbof1

Re: Holding forum posters to their wild predictions

RS200E wrote:Thank for the response steven and turbo, but I don't really like the the voting system here, too complex and biased.

I'm a member of a large watch forum which has a simple "like" sytem which is fair and all can use it. For example if someone posts something that gets a lot of likes and someone posts something that gets no likes, then it still looks negative for the latter without any downvote needed. Simples!
Something like Facebook you mean?

There is no guarantee people are going to use it like that as by now we have our own "voting/liking culture" around here, with its own behaviour. Changing the tools might not change the behaviour at all. And, Facebook itself is now experimenting with a dislike button.

We are looking into ways to steer voting behaviour. We have a couple of ideas and we might come up with something specific very soon.
#AeroFrodo