imgur issues

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
turbof1

imgur issues

Post by turbof1 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Guys,

The past few days I've noticed images from imgur used with the image tag, not showing up in the posts. As far as I kow, the problem is caused by imgur itself as other image hosting sites work just fine.

I don't know when the issues get resolved, but I have these tips for now:
-Do not wrap images from imgur in [img] tags. This will leave a link instead and makes the image atleast viewable on the site of imgur.
-A good alternative I have been using for several years now, is cubeupload.com . No registration required and easy to use site interface, and you can use the [img] tags for images hosted there.
#AeroFrodo

bhall II

Re: imgur issues

Post by bhall II » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:25 pm

It seems to only be happening here. Imgur works for me everywhere else.

Webber2011

Re: F1Technical 2016 update

Post by Webber2011 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:09 pm

I'm not sure if this should be posted here, or in another place like the "imgur" thread so I put it here ?
Mainly because I don't know if this is a problem my end, or something to do with the update, or the image host people use ?

I'm was having problems viewing certain images after the update, but at the same time I couldn't see avatars from some people.
I still can't see the avatars.

It doesn't really worry me because it's no big thing, just thought I'd mention it.

On a lap top by the way, not a mobile.

Cheers

hollus

Post by hollus » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Following on that, just as a test: my Avatar has been broken for a while, since shortly after the update. Can other people see it? I can't. But then it is in imgur...
It is not white, it is not black, it is probably gray.

WaikeCU

Post by WaikeCU » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:18 pm

hollus wrote:Following on that, just as a test: my Avatar has been broken for a while, since shortly after the update. Can other people see it? I can't. But then it is in imgur...
No mate, don't see it.

djos

Post by djos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:56 am

hollus wrote:Following on that, just as a test: my Avatar has been broken for a while, since shortly after the update. Can other people see it? I can't. But then it is in imgur...
Works fine for me on Chrome for Windows x64
The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.

hollus

Post by hollus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:17 am

Can you see my avatar, djos? I can't even in chrome on W10x64.
It is not white, it is not black, it is probably gray.

djos

Post by djos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:35 am

hollus wrote:Can you see my avatar, djos? I can't even in chrome on W10x64.
Yep, red background, white sideways cross. Sorry don't know which flag that is.

I can also see it on my iPhone ruining safari.

Steven
Owner

Post by Steven » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:11 am

I don't see it either.
I think imgur blocked hotlinking from here, because I didn't change anything for this.

Anybody willing to contact them about it?

Thunder

Post by Thunder » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:17 am

I can see the Avatar too. Win 7 32 bit (Work PC :roll: ), Google Chrome. No Problems.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

djos

Post by djos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:10 am

djos wrote:
hollus wrote:Can you see my avatar, djos? I can't even in chrome on W10x64.
Yep, red background, white sideways cross. Sorry don't know which flag that is.

I can also see it on my iPhone ruining safari.

Just so no one thinks I'm hallucinating :D

strad

Post by strad » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:47 pm

I don't see many of these avatars either.
I think it's something with Imgur since it's also with images people have posted that don't show either.
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

Shrieker

Post by Shrieker » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:52 pm

I can't see my own avatar. I don't see hollus' avatar either. And a bunch of other people's avatars too.

Just from this topic, Sectorone's, Hollus' and my avatars are missing. It just says "User avatar" in blue where there's supposed to be an image (avatar :) )
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

turbof1

Post by turbof1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Shrieker wrote:I can't see my own avatar. I don't see hollus' avatar either. And a bunch of other people's avatars too.

Just from this topic, Sectorone's, Hollus' and my avatars are missing. It just says "User avatar" in blue where there's supposed to be an image (avatar :) )
I can't see your and Hollus' avatar neither. Confirmed on iOS Safari, firefox and google chrome.
#AeroFrodo

nevill3

Post by nevill3 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:09 pm

After researching the imgur problem it appears they have been banning websites that hotlink to images! Below is a response on another forum that appears to suggest that Imgur blocked their website because they thought they were infringing the terms of service, however someone raised a ticket and the response is posted below.

Maybe F1technical is blocked the same way, all the imgur images I cannot see return a 403 error (forbidden).
Thank you for writing in. I apologize for this inconvenience. Unfortunately that site has been blocked from hotlinking due to multiple instances of abuse of Imgur's terms of service. The terms of service can be found at http://imgur.com/tos. We don't allow hotlinked images being used as content for other websites.

Looking into the website. The content has been used in forums, and not in any other fashion. I have removed the block. Please be sure that any blog posts shows content from imgur using our embed code.

I do apologize for this inconvenience. Please allow up to 24 hours for this to roll over.
I have now contacted their support to see if we are blocked and requested to be unblocked....
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978