Rep/notifications technical issue

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
nzjrs

Re: Rep/notifications technical issue

GOAT wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:01
My complain? Negative/positive rating changes for deleted posts should be made not visible, as stated.
But deleted posts should still count towards reputation obviously. Many useless trolls come on here and post such ridiculous crap and then they get -4 and the post gets deleted. That is the system working in my opinion.

If you have a specific problem with a specific downvote PM the mods, they then contact the downvoters and ask for an explanation - if the explanation isn't good enough then they usually remove the downvote.

It just seems like you don't like that you are regularly downvoted. It reminds me about the joke of the guy who meets 3 a-holes in a row in the morning.

El Scorchio

nzjrs wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 12:27
GOAT wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 11:01
My complain? Negative/positive rating changes for deleted posts should be made not visible, as stated.
But deleted posts should still count towards reputation obviously. Many useless trolls come on here and post such ridiculous crap and then they get -4 and the post gets deleted. That is the system working in my opinion.

If you have a specific problem with a specific downvote PM the mods, they then contact the downvoters and ask for an explanation - if the explanation isn't good enough then they usually remove the downvote.

It just seems like you don't like that you are regularly downvoted. It reminds me about the joke of the guy who meets 3 a-holes in a row in the morning.
Exactly. I would say if a poster's posts are regularly downvoted, then I'd suggest the problem is not with all the downvoters. It's probably closer to home. It's up to the poster to adapt to the accepted tone and rules of the forum, post sensible things and downvotes will magically disappear.

GOAT

nzjrs wrote:
That is the system working in my opinion.
Your obviously entitled to have your opinion- but your opinion doesn’t match with what is being stated.

Furthermore it is pretty clear what is written- and incase it was meant as your opinion, it wouldn’t have been difficult to choose different wording- therefor one can assume it is meant as stated.

I am merely the messenger.
That’s fine- you couldn’t been further from the truth. I can’t even see the reputation, unless I accidentally come across them- and I do have better things to do then to keep track of them, thank you very much.

.. and regarding the joke; I regularly meet more than 3 a-holes in a row during mornings.. :mrgreen: 8)

Steven
Owner

I fixed a notification issue, though it not specific for ratings.
The issue I found was fixed.

Please check if the rep notifications are fixed as well.
Thanks!

ispano6

GOAT wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 20:12
nzjrs wrote:
That is the system working in my opinion.
Your obviously entitled to have your opinion- but your opinion doesn’t match with what is being stated.

Furthermore it is pretty clear what is written- and incase it was meant as your opinion, it wouldn’t have been difficult to choose different wording- therefor one can assume it is meant as stated.

I am merely the messenger.
That’s fine- you couldn’t been further from the truth. I can’t even see the reputation, unless I accidentally come across them- and I do have better things to do then to keep track of them, thank you very much.

.. and regarding the joke; I regularly meet more than 3 a-holes in a row during mornings.. :mrgreen: 8)
It's usually the same haters downvoting stuff even months after some posts are made. They're always quick to use the words "troll" and "conspiracy theory", go figure!

Ryar

GOAT wrote:
03 Sep 2021, 20:12
Anyone that says anything against a certain driver, get to see downvotes to your oldest posts, every single day. :D

I raised a complaint and that individual got fixed by a gentleman Mod. I miss his passionate downvotes though.
Hakuna Matata!

zibby43

Rep notifications are working for me once again!

Thank you to Steven and the staff!

=D>

zibby43

Steven wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 00:23
I fixed a notification issue, though it not specific for ratings.
The issue I found was fixed.

Please check if the rep notifications are fixed as well.
Thanks!
Yes sir! I missed this post before drafting my initial response. Thank you for addressing this.