Ignore function.

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Scuderia_Russ

Ignore function.

The ability to ignore a members posts would good!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild

Re: Ignore function.

Scuderia_Russ wrote:The ability to ignore a members posts would good!
Indeed!

Scuderia_Russ

Well that's two votes.
-Henry Ford-

Ciro Pabón

May I ask why? Perhaps the function comes already embedded into some members' personality. That could be enough. :)
Ciro

rkn

Whats it called again? Oh yea, censorship. China can probably help us with that... We should also include a thread ignorer so that the ones like this one doesn't bother us.

Please stop whining like a 3year old, Russ. Surely you are able to respect the fact that other people can have another opinion than you.

And if you don't have common manners like tolerance built-in your brain, these guys http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/index.do have a great product range that should suit your needs:)

modbaraban

rkn wrote:We should also include a thread ignorer so that the ones like this one doesn't bother us.
:roll: viewtopic.php?p=63980#63980

rkn

OK, mod-baraban(yea yea, I know its easy to think so, but you are not the mod-erator). Since you clearly don't understand the joke i'll be happy to explain.

It seems Scuderia_Russ is born without tolerance, you find these kind of tendencies with low aged children(3year olds for example) and Ralf of course. So now he wants the http://www.f1technical.net forum to implement censorship with an Ignore function.

As you probably don't know this is the type of nonsense that the chinese government (example) likes to fool around with. So I am suggesting that he takes a good look at the Johnson Baby product range (pacifiers, bottles, lotions for sore butts) because he is acting like a baby. BTW, chinese government ppl should also do so.

Im trying to use -The fine art of sarcasm. as one member of the forum so beautifully stated once, to give my opinion this thread.

He likes to say things like "we are all sick of you manchild", when he infact has never asked our opinion, maybe yours not mine. So by that, he isn't entitled to say "we are ALL sick of manchild".

In other words, everyone must be allowed to speak their own words. This is a forum, a place were we discuss. And everyone is allowed to say what they want to. I say this beacuse I am pro freedom.

If Russ only likes his own opinion he should write his own diary. I dont think Johnson Baby has diarys in their range, but he can find a blank space to write on, by pressing Start>All Programs>Accesories>Notepad.

modbaraban

rkn wrote:OK, mod-baraban(yea yea, I know its easy to think so, but you are not the mod-erator). Since you clearly don't understand the joke i'll be happy to explain.
Sorry, the lack of comment in my post (I'm so damn lazy :oops: ) made you type a lot :lol:

In fact you mentioned (as a joke) the 'ignore thread' function, but just today I seriously asked for this function... (link above) there's some reason in that idea. That was the point, nothing else.

And don't you worry about my sense of humour. I hope your post will be useful for someone else though. Maybe it was aimed at Russ himself... :lol:

PS: I think diaries are for older kids :wink:

manchild

What about "To sanity converter" or "Automatic rant reply" functions?

Tom

Sarcasm does NOT convey well over the internet!

I think I should have an 'I'm always right' button, that I can press to publicly humiliate anyone who disagrees with me. Of course this could only be applied to my profile because we can't all be right and frankly I'm far more interested in my opinion than yours.

In fact I think Tomba should install that button right now, then I can use it straight away on the first person to reply who will no doubt completely disagree with my proposal.

Chop Chop Mods, I need this post haste.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

West

There's a "log out" button already.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

NumberTwo

Hey, I for one am glad to see manchild back and in obvious top form after his rest. It takes the heat off of me being the only Nazi paranoid in the group, as I was labeled in our last cheerful little censorship thread.

viewtopic.php?t=4744&highlight=

Now, as we all learned in that thread, opinions are like assholes, we all have 'em and most of them will stink to someone. So lets just move along peacefully.

In the immortal words of the Partridge Family, "C'mon get happy!"

So while I'm here...How's the guitar playing going, manchild? I wanted to pm you in your off time, but also wanted to respect your request to be left alone. Thought about you in the land of the great guitar dirth when I shipped one of my Gibsons to England the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0176534708

Cheerio,
NumberTwo, aka Ted68 or as Ciro once named me, I dig the sexy tit. :lol:

Scuderia_Russ

West wrote:There's a "log out" button already.
You are absoloutely right.
-Henry Ford-

manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
West wrote:There's a "log out" button already.
You are absoloutely right.
Click it than :lol:

Steven
Owner

Is this thread from back in the Jason/Acer age?

I can let you know there will be a bunch of improvements to the forum:
* Users can report topics and posts (so that mods can react on it quickly)
* Moderators can warn users
* Add other members as friends
* Friends are shown in friends list

There is also a new layout coming and I hope I can arrange for embedding youtube images in your posts ;)