F1technical v8 (20 december)

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
manchild
manchild

Re: F1T update coming on 20 dec

I really like it. Its much more than I expected!

Regarding image size, I think that 800 pix would fit perfectly now. The only adjustment should be done regarding avatar/username column that is unnecessary wide. Reduce it to have same span on the the right from avatar as you have on the left and that's that!

Good job =D>
Last edited by manchild on 20 Dec 2007, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Very nice change, well done. =D> =D>
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

modbaraban
modbaraban

manchild wrote:I really like it. Its much more than I expected!

Regarding image size, I think that 800 pix would fit perfectly now. The only adjustment should be done regarding avatar/username column that is unnecessary wide. Reduce it to have same span on the the right from avatar as you have on the left and that's that!

Good job =D>
I second that. =D>

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

New site looks great! Well done both. =D>

leomax
leomax

Nice,i like the change.It look much tidy now. =D>

tomislavp4

Looks good :D I´m going to need some time to get used to it though, well done :D

checkered

It seems christmas

came early for F1T. Thank you for the effort, everything looks very nice indeed.

tweet
tweet

nice job, enjoying the new atmosphere

n1

Principessa

It's very nice to hear such nice compliments! Tomba has worked very hard on the site and is still working hard to add the last finishing touches and to solve the last bugs.

As earlier said, the credit for this new site has to go to Tomba. I only gave my opinion on things he tried and things that had to be added. So...CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU Tomba!!! =D> =D> =D>

Ray

This new update is very very good! Great job Tomba, it looks fantastic!

GTO

Looks Grrrrrate Tomba!

The only thing that I noticed for potential impovement was if you could change the button size for a bigger thread page number buttons. This would allow for easier browsing of thread pages.

=D>

Ciro Pabón

Bravo, maestro. Excellent, clear design. Everything is easier to do and more "understandable" at first sight.

Many thanks for the efforts to give us related threads. Remarkable new layout for buttons, greater emphasis on content on the home page, new profile manager, full list of smilies, more fluent sequences for login and posting.

Just in case, the images on signatures have to be edited to elliminate the picture size info that the software inserts after the image tag.

In my case I had to change [img:50:50] (or something like that) for [img] while editing my signature, for the "Seasons Greetings" image to be seen.

Merry Christmas, Tomba, Principessa, I dare to talk for the forum to say that you've made our entire year much more entertaining and instructive. And now, let's party! 8)
Ciro

dumrick
dumrick

The site is really looking great. Very informative homepage, that really grabs the attention to the various contents. A big thumbs up, Tomba!

Steven
Owner

Ciro Pabón wrote:Bravo, maestro. Excellent, clear design. Everything is easier to do and more "understandable" at first sight.

Many thanks for the efforts to give us related threads. Remarkable new layout for buttons, greater emphasis on content on the home page, new profile manager, full list of smilies, more fluent sequences for login and posting.

Just in case, the images on signatures have to be edited to elliminate the picture size info that the software inserts after the image tag.

In my case I had to change [img:50:50] (or something like that) for [img] while editing my signature, for the "Seasons Greetings" image to be seen.

Merry Christmas, Tomba, Principessa, I dare to talk for the forum to say that you've made our entire year much more entertaining and instructive. And now, let's party! 8)
Thank you all very much to appreciate our efforts that much! There were some glitches this afternoon but most have been solved by now. If you notice any, please let me know.

As for the images in the signature: the numbers in the img tag came from the image resize system. I built and ran a script in the morning to fix all these in the postings, but your signatures will have to be updated by yourselves ;)

In short, here's an overview of what is new:
  • A simple view on upcoming race/test events on the homepage
  • New site layout, including redesigned menu bar that makes room for more content
  • The new forum system with new layout and improved performance